Odd F22 Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Odd F22 Story

Thanks, Ken, and everyone....I appreciate you taking your time here. I like what Ken said. I think he was a good pilot who got the short end of the stick. IIRC, after the T-bird accident at Mountain home, the Airforce changed the way they set altimeters for airshows and I hope here the Human Factors folk look at this one hard, put it through a simulator with the correct levels of pressurization and oxegon levels, etc and hopefully make some improvements....

Chris looking for current pic of pilot in winter survival clothes, G-suit, etc and all I get is the Pillsbury doughboy....

Comment

"Chris looking for current pic of pilot in winter survival clothes, G-suit, etc and all I get is the Pillsbury doughboy...."

Chris, look at page 27, figure 15 of the accident report. That's a photo of someone wearing the gear in an F-22 cockpit.

Comment

Thanks Ken, yes, I saw that....I was being a bit facetious...sorry...this is a serious matter to me as these folks are "tough people doing dangerous work" so the rest of us can sleep at night. I hate to see one of them get blamed unless there is a smoking gun....what I am seeing so far is equipment failure.

Comment

Working...
        X