Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a nasty rumour? Or is RARA really planning on pulling the plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just a nasty rumour? Or is RARA really planning on pulling the plug?

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
    Hence my making sure I stated it was firmly under the "Rumours" category. I wasn't trying to pass it on, nor was I asking that anyone speculate. I simply thought if anyone would know if there was any truth to it whatsoever, it would be folks from AAFO.
    I can think of no other place MORE appropriate then here to ask such a question.

I think people need to stop tip-toeing around what happened and face reality.

The races will continue or they wont. That decision will come down to the FAA, the NTSB, and ultimately RARA. Nothing we say here is going to change that outcome.

There is no smoke filled room at the FAA filled with people searching forums for information that will change the outcome.

There are no lawyers with teams of legal aides searching for posts to use as testimony in a lawsuit.

This is a place to talk about the NCAR and anything that might pertain to it.

If you dont like what is being talked about, dont read it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
      I can think of no other place MORE appropriate then here to ask such a question.

I think people need to stop tip-toeing around what happened and face reality.

The races will continue or they wont. That decision will come down to the FAA, the NTSB, and ultimately RARA. Nothing we say here is going to change that outcome.

There is no smoke filled room at the FAA filled with people searching forums for information that will change the outcome.

There are no lawyers with teams of legal aides searching for posts to use as testimony in a lawsuit.

This is a place to talk about the NCAR and anything that might pertain to it.

If you dont like what is being talked about, dont read it.

If you belieive the above ramblings, then i have a bridge I'll sell you cheap. All the public speculation is not helping the survival of the races. it's hurting, by all the misinformation that has been passed around as fact. I have been surprised with all the 'experts" who "know" what has happened All you are doing is giving amunition for the lawyers to use. After all, if it's posted here, it must be true!!! Until the NTSB has finished it's investigation, I keep my opinions to myself. When people ask me what happened, I say we have to wait for the investigation to be completed to be able to answer that question.
      If you want to help the chances to have the races continue, I would recommend keeping a lid on speculation and rumour.

Now, I'll go back to keeping my opinions to myself.

Hawkeye

Comment

You'll notice there was no speculation about the accident. My question had nothing to do with the accident. This was not a "because of the accident, RARA is going to end the races." That's NOT what I heard.

As usual, I'm f**king sorry I asked a question. Somebody remind me not to do it again. RARA is the be all and end all of racing, and anyone with questions of any sort is a blasphemer and heretic. I get it.

I started this thread, and let this be the last post in it.
        sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
        http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

You'll notice there was no speculation about the accident. My question had nothing to do with the accident. This was not a "because of the accident, RARA is going to end the races." That's NOT what I heard.

As usual, I'm f**king sorry I asked a question. Somebody remind me not to do it again. RARA is the be all and end all of racing, and anyone with questions of any sort is a blasphemer and heretic. I get it.

I started this thread, and let this be the last post in it.
          You asked a simple question about a rumor that you heard. By the way, the same rumor that I have heard for the past thirty-three YEARS about the NCAR's.

And NEVER be sorry for coming on this board and asking a question.

Comment

Sandra,

My post had nothing to do with your question. If you go back and read my post, you will see it was directed to the person that I quoted in my post. I'm sorry you took it as directed at you.

It's nice to know that you are still as proactive as you were when we crewed together many years ago!!

Hawkeye

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
              Sandra,

My post had nothing to do with your question. If you go back and read my post, you will see it was directed to the person that I quoted in my post. I'm sorry you took it as directed at you.

It's nice to know that you are still as proactive as you were when we crewed together many years ago!!

Hawkeye
              No problem, I'm better now. lol I'm looking forward to seeing you in September, if not sooner.

Comment

If you belieive the above ramblings, then i have a bridge I'll sell you cheap. All the public speculation is not helping the survival of the races. it's hurting, by all the misinformation that has been passed around as fact. I have been surprised with all the 'experts" who "know" what has happened All you are doing is giving amunition for the lawyers to use. After all, if it's posted here, it must be true!!! Until the NTSB has finished it's investigation, I keep my opinions to myself. When people ask me what happened, I say we have to wait for the investigation to be completed to be able to answer that question.
                If you want to help the chances to have the races continue, I would recommend keeping a lid on speculation and rumour.

Now, I'll go back to keeping my opinions to myself.

Hawkeye
                Find me one court case, ONE court case, where postings on an internet forum were introduced as evidence.

Find me one FAA/NTSB inspector, Just ONE, who uses opinions from the masses as basis for their findings.

Or just keep watching CSI Miami to find out how the police catch criminals these days, and when that's done you can go back to watching Perry Mason to earn your law degree.

Comment

flyingjibus,

I most likely, have been going to the races longer than you. And, I most likely have been crewing racers longer than you. And most likely, I am more informed on what is going on regarding the investigation into the crash than you. And I have been told to keep quiet on what i have heard from people who know much more than you. I knew it would be futile to try to help minimize the potential damage to the future of air racing. But, I had to try. So, keep thinking that you know better than people who are involved in the investigation. You can either help, or maybe hurt, on where this goes from here. The choice is yours.

Hawkeye

Comment

What part of "Oh, FFS, let's drop it already," wasn't clear when I said it before?

I really do not want to have started or be part of the "I've been going longer than you have," one-upmanship game.

Stop already.

Wayne, sir, would you please lock this thread?

Comment

True though, any lawyer using an internet board in court should be disbarred. Seems totally unlikely the sharks would be using the net for court cases. They don't need to. I can't imagine the courts allowing such....cough cough, "evidence." It's called hearsay- and it's not allowed right!??!!!!

Comment

What part of "Oh, FFS, let's drop it already," wasn't clear when I said it before?

I really do not want to have started or be part of the "I've been going longer than you have," one-upmanship game.

Stop already.

Wayne, sir, would you please lock this thread?
                        **Sigh** Sandra, despite what some would tell you, I truly do dislike having to steer this board directly via the "closed thread" "deleted thread" heavy hand of headboardhead...

Not going through each and every post in this one, I do see that it was your post that started it.. *Hopefully* lesson learned in the propagation of the dreaded "rumor"... "I heard"... or "someone in the know" told anyone anything.

I believe the course of events following the initial posting of any rumor on this board has always had a similar outcome.

I'm not going to delete or close anything, just ask everyone to pretend that whenever they post any message, they are face to face with the person/s who they are directing the message to... That includes the entire board... all posts and posters...

However often or not so often that they come true, rumors are, just that.... rumors..

I get a message each time a post is made on this board via email. For the most part, what I do is try to keep an "overview" of what is going on.. I don't intend to "own" the content that is posted, just attempt to keep it civil and comfortable.

I don't necessairly like the way things have been going on the Hangartalk board... but largely, it is your (the air race community's) board.

Nuff said.... crawling back into my bunker...

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

flyingjibus,

I most likely, have been going to the races longer than you. And, I most likely have been crewing racers longer than you. And most likely, I am more informed on what is going on regarding the investigation into the crash than you. And I have been told to keep quiet on what i have heard from people who know much more than you. I knew it would be futile to try to help minimize the potential damage to the future of air racing. But, I had to try. So, keep thinking that you know better than people who are involved in the investigation. You can either help, or maybe hurt, on where this goes from here. The choice is yours.

Hawkeye

Wayne, I have no problem saying the following to this member face to face. I bare no malice towards anyone here, and am perfectly capable of discussing any of this without resorting to personal attacks.

Hawkeye,

If you bothered to look you would see that I have not posted anything about this incident, other than what I saw and felt that day. I don’t claim to be an aeronautical engineer and see no point in speculating on what happened. This is not the first incident I have witnessed in Reno by far, and I know that what we think we see is not always what really happened. As of late this place has become a sort of soap box for people to have a pissing match about who is the bigger fan, who knows what’s better for the races, and who is really trying to save the races and who isn’t. Your last post demonstrates that perfectly.

This year was my 29th year at the races. I don’t know where that is compared to you and I don’t care. I don’t feel the need to prove that I am a bigger/better fan. No, I have not crewed for a race team, I am not lucky enough to have had that privilege. If I was, I can assure you I would not feel the need to hold it over other people as some here have felt the need to do so lately. Despite all of that I can tell you that I have just as much love for the races as you do, and just as much desire to see them continue.

This forum is a place for fans to come together and talk about what they love. We should be free to do so without being attacked for asking questions or stating opinions. If you honestly believe that Sandra asking if anyone has heard anything about a rumor (which she clearly define as such) is going to somehow cause the races to cease then I obviously can’t say anything else to diffuse your paranoia. It’s apparent that you feel strongly about it. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I happen to disagree with yours. Perhaps I would give more value to your opinion if you were able to back it up with something other than the standard AAFO “I know something you don’t know, I know people you don’t know” mantra. I asked you to provide me with an example of a law suit that used forum postings as evidence. You did not, as I, and many others know there are none. Your insinuation that the NTSB/FAA are going to use postings found here as a basis for their report is equally laughable, and frankly is quite insulting to the people who do that work.

In the future I recommend that if you see a post that you don’t like, don’t read it. If you can counter that post with something of substance please do so. I have learned quite a bit here and I am sure there are many things I could learn from you, but in this thread you are doing nothing more than spouting rhetoric that unfortunately has become more and more common here as of late.
                          Last edited by flyingjibus; 11-28-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Well said flyingjibus. I go way back to the Cleveland Air Races & have witnessed much. Listening is the best way at this time until the final report is out & yes there will still be rumors. Lets just hope for 2012 Reno to be a safe one.
                            Last edited by Lockheed Bob; 11-28-2011, 11:57 AM. Reason: Add flyingjibus.
                            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Thanks for all the expert advice.

I'm done here.

Hawkeye

Comment

Thanks for all the expert advice.

I'm done here.

Hawkeye
                                Awww... comon man... let's all agree to disagree and move on... Don't let a heated discussion move you along this path...

Maybe I don't watch things closely enough. Not enough time in my day to read and digest each post, I'll try harder. Usually, I do try to step in when there is any hint of "roughhousing"...

But... I do try to let things settle on their own, usually..

Back in the bunker..
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X