Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Person Released From Hospital

Heres the link:

This is a good example of what the Air Race Fan Base is all about. Let me quote couple paragraphs from page 2 of the article.

"Brian Elvin said he remains a fan of the air races, and supports the return of the annual event -- something race officials have not decided.

“I’m still a pilot, I’ve been up in my plane,” Elvin said. “I enjoy flying and love being around airplanes. That hasn’t changed for me.”

But he said his family has not ruled out legal action to help with the costs of medical care.

“At the end of the day, we’ve got some rather horrific medical bills that have to be addressed,” he said. “And we’ll have on-going costs. So (legal action) can’t be ruled out.”

So we should not be surprised that there will be more legal cases in the future. I only hope the restitution for the victims is done in a civil way and not one where the lawyers line their own pockets excessively.
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 11-10-2011, 12:59 PM.

Re: Last Person Released From Hospital

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    So we should not be surprised that there will be more legal cases in the future. I only hope the restitution for the victims is done in a civil way and not one where the lawyers line their own pockets excessively.
    We really need to have some understanding of how this is going to have to work for the seriously injured. As with our injured friends in Washington State, these people have huge medical bills, some have been and are going to be unable to continue to make an income and need major help.

One would hope, that the insurance company/s involved would simply give them what they need, without having anyone having to resort to the legal system to make themselves.. "whole"....

The costs involved in lawsuits is simply staggering and could be better spent on the survivors needs. It will, unfortunately, be the lawyers who smell blood who will encourage the suit process....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

This is good news, thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Wayne,

My thoughts exactly, your use of words was better than mine.

A long drawn out battle would take years, and cost double - triple ++++?. The later all going into the lawyers pockets vs. to the injured/families.

Hans

Comment

Working...
        X