Help needed for Reno accident Survivors Larry and Tracy Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed for Reno accident Survivors Larry and Tracy Cruz

Well, other than materials, things are coming together for this little party.

Anybody know a plumber in the Graham, Washington area that would be willing to donate some time?
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

I just spoke with Tracy Cruz. The construction is going fairly well, although it's been sort of stop and go because Home Depot still hasn't gotten back to us regarding materials, and Tracy's been having to purchase materials as they go along.

So, here's the plan. I'm headed to Home Depot to price out the materials list, which I'll post here and a few other places. The goal is to raise enough money to reimburse Larry and Tracy for all of it.

For anyone that can make it, we're planning on everyone converging on their house this Saturday. We'll help with whatever construction needs to be finished up, help with painting, and get the acreage cleaned up and the wood split.

We're also helping Cheri McMichael, who lost her husband, Jim. Her home is about 6 miles from the Cruz's. Work there includes clean-up, wood splitting and anything else she needs done. Tracy will talk to her this evening, so I'll have a better idea of what Cheri needs by tonight.

So, I'll be back a bit later with prices on the materials and any other news. If you've contacted me about going to Graham to help out, you should be hearing from me by this evening. If not, please call me.

Thanks everyone.
      Last edited by sandramore; 11-08-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Sandra... sent you a pm.... Will undelete post if you ask me too...
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Sandra... sent you a pm.... Will undelete post if you ask me too...
          No need. Thanks for being a cool head and a calm voice when I need one. lol

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
            No need. Thanks for being a cool head and a calm voice when I need one. lol
            BTW... congratulations for your successful campaign, and a huge thank you from the racing world to Home Depot for their generous donation to the cause!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
              Thanks for being a cool head and a calm voice when I need one. lol
              Double LOL.. .as a few here know... it ain't exactly an easy role for me at times....

who... me???
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I spoke with Tracy Cruz a few minutes ago. She would like to know how many people are planning on making the trip to Graham, Washington to help out.

If you are definitely going, please let me know. I'll be talking to her again late tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

I'm definitely unable to make the trip to help, but I did send a big THANK YOU to my hometown company of Home Depot for the donation that they made. I know it's not much, but I do have several friends pretty high up in the Home Depot corporate infrastructure. The company tends to leave smaller donations up to the individual store managers, so I assume that the local Home Depot up there in Washington was more than willing to help.
                  Anyway, I wish I could do more, but I hope that something is better than nothing.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
                    I'm definitely unable to make the trip to help, but I did send a big THANK YOU to my hometown company of Home Depot for the donation that they made. I know it's not much, but I do have several friends pretty high up in the Home Depot corporate infrastructure. The company tends to leave smaller donations up to the individual store managers, so I assume that the local Home Depot up there in Washington was more than willing to help.
                    Anyway, I wish I could do more, but I hope that something is better than nothing.

Tom
                    Definite thanks to Home Depot, even in the midst of my frustration yesterday. lol

I have to say that working with the Home Depot staff here in Reno has really been a joy. Bless their hearts, they are currently applying for a Home Depot grant for Larry and Tracy. I'm not sure how that works, but I understand we should have an answer in a day or so. Fingers crossed.

I'm also told they are willing to work with us on future projects like this one for other families that may need it.

So my apologies for yesterday's frustration, sleep-deprivation-driven grumpiness and my heart-felt thanks to Home Depot.

Comment

I just spoke with Tracy. She and Larry are requesting that we wait until next weekend, the 19th, to come out and help.

Larry says he really wants to be home to meet and thank everyone, and frankly, Tracy sounds exhausted. Waiting a week means she has tomorrow to rest up before Larry comes home on Sunday.

So, if you can still make it next weekend, we'd love to have you. Hopefully, the change in plans hasn't inconvenienced anyone.

Comment

My beach community friends are *TRYING* to be able to make it... The one person here that I know who has the most skills is in the middle, or tail end of a huge home remodel of his own and is simply exhausted but when I told him of the effort, his eyes lit up...

I may personally not have much to offer in building skills but spent over 30 years with part (most) of my time spent operating wheeled machinery.. I can drive the neighbor's tractor if the weather permits and do some clearing or whatever else is needed..

Again, we are making the effort to TRY to make this happen, I'll let you know before mid week if we can make it. At the very least, I'd sure like to meet Larry and Tracy!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          My beach community friends are *TRYING* to be able to make it... The one person here that I know who has the most skills is in the middle, or tail end of a huge home remodel of his own and is simply exhausted but when I told him of the effort, his eyes lit up...

I may personally not have much to offer in building skills but spent over 30 years with part (most) of my time spent operating wheeled machinery.. I can drive the neighbor's tractor if the weather permits and do some clearing or whatever else is needed..

Again, we are making the effort to TRY to make this happen, I'll let you know before mid week if we can make it. At the very least, I'd sure like to meet Larry and Tracy!
                          At this point we're more in need of your tractor driving abilities, Wayne. I think the construction will be more or less finished, thanks to a lot of hard work on Tracy's brother's part.

But there will be plenty of clearing, cleaning and wood splitting to be done.

And I'm with you, I really want to meet Larry and Tracy!

Comment

Ok... I'm gonna just say, I'm gonna do it!

PM me, hook me up with the neighbor who needs the work... I'll be there and bring anyone I can with me.

I have to be in PDX for a doc appt.... not sure zactly which day, but the week B4 Tanksgivin'... but just that day.

Then, damnit... I'm going to go drive that friggn tractor..

But again, PM me, get me in touch with the folks directly in touch with the situation.

At the very least, I'll bring my tools, supplies and change the oil and service the tractor...

But I'm gonna be there!

Dammy Sandramoore... you one persuasive woman!

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm sorry, Wayne. lol

I'm actually the person doing the organizing. Tracy and I will talk mid-week about what time and whether to meet up at the house or the office on Saturday. Then we'll head down the road to Cheri's.

I'm gonna drive up from Reno to be there. I just can't stand the thought of staying in Reno and missing out on meeting everyone.

As soon as I talk to Tracy, I'll send you that PM.

Comment

Okay, everyone, here's the latest totals from Tracy.

Materials for the remodel: $2,258.39.
                                Labor: $1,750.00.

These numbers do not include the materials purchased with the $1,000 donation from Home Depot.

The labor costs are for Tracy's brother's time, which he calculated at $25/hour. Considering he took 10 days off from his construction job, that obviously doesn't make up his lost wages.

I've given this to Think Kindness and am waiting to hear how soon they can get a check cut out of the Family Assistance Fund, and for how much.

I know some people have wanted to send checks to Larry directly. Here's the mailing address:

Larry & Tracy Cruz
                                Wings West
                                16701 103rd Avenue CT E
                                Puyallup, WA 98374

Or, you can make a donation through my website: Pit Lizards, Ultd. It's not tax deductible, but I'm going to Graham to help with the work on the 19th and anything in my fund will go to Larry and Tracy. It's just faster than going through Think Kindness.

Here are my goals:
                                1. Reimburse them for the materials bought up to this point.
                                2. Raise enough to buy the materials to complete the remodel.
                                3. Cover as much of Luke's lost wages as possible.
                                4. Give Larry and Tracy enough of a buffer so that they're not worried about the mortgage payments and the rest of the bills.

I know that's a lot, but please remember that they haven't been able to do any work in 2 months now, and it will be a while before they receive any sort of insurance payments. It really is up to us to help them stay above water.

I know I've asked a lot, but I'm asking again. Please help if you can. Even if it's only a couple dollars. That adds up quick.

As always, thank you for being so great and making me so proud to be part of this family.

Comment

Working...
                                X