Refunds for 2011 Air Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Refunds for 2011 Air Races

While I've had plenty of gripes about the prices RARA's charged us for various things over the years in this case I'll have to say it's okay to keep my money. Just hope the Races will go on.

Comment

Re: Refunds for 2011 Air Races

I for one dont see any unreasonable charges at Reno.....don't know if it is true or not but I heard from a certain famous Reno Photog that in 2009 or 10 RARA lost $80,000. I am not here to argue about certain people's saleries, etc but the cost of promotion of an event of this size, even using volunteers, has to be astronomical. I assume they keep the ticket prices crazy low to get people to come and eat the vendor food and make money that way. And selling official merchandise. So, what? To paraphrase one of my favorite movies, "The Right Stuff", you know what keeps a race plane flying at Reno? Bucks. No bucks....no Buck Rogers. The sport that gets the funding will be the sport we see. I would gladly pay $500 and more for a week pass to the races and consider it cheep compared to what I get. It is all good and right that hotels and folks like Scolaris support the races, and there isnt a day at the races I dont thank these folks for their support and let them know I am doing business with them because of their support. If we receive the gift of "Reno 2012", I am going to suggest that RARA start a group called, "Friends of Air Racing". For you donation, you receive a weekly pit pass, program, credetials, tickets to an on site breakfast where air race pilots talk and you can ask questions and get your pic taken in the cockpits of planes, maybe a hospitality area, etc. Sure, maybe it only brings in $100-200 thou a year...I dont have a good idea about how many true Reno fans there really are....but at least we can say we tried and did our part to keep the races.....

Chris who doesnt want to sit home next Sept.

Comment

Working...
      X