Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    WoW... I didn't expect that! I put up two shots, 5 each at 8x10 size.

I have a very limited amount of files with me on a portable hard drive, but I'd be happy to provide more later if you would like.

Thanks!

note: prints do not have copyright notice on front of image (there is one on the back)
    Well if you're surprised at that, listen to this. We are going to be part of the Governor's Nevada Day Dinner at the end of this month. It will be held at the Grand Sierra Resort. We get to exhibit a large selection of matted, framed prints, and auctioning them off at the end of the evening.

The Governor's office has also offered to split the proceeds of the dinner ticket sales, 50% going to the fund set up for the IHOP shooting victims and the other 50% going to the air race victims fund.

They have asked us to come up with other items that can be auctioned, that would be appropriate for this setting. Jim (vodkaandtonic) now we really do need that wine, and we have time for you to get it to us.

Rob Jones says that Sherman Smoot also does wine? Could someone get hold of him and ask if he'd be willing to help us with this? And if anyone has any ideas of what else we can include, please, please feel free to make suggestions. The more of your help I can get, the more of a success this will be.

Photographers among us, we won't be asking for files, but rather that you send prints to Costco for us to pick up. Stewart Campbell and I will start selecting prints from those you've donated already and I'll be getting hold of you to ask permission for those particular photos. If you have others that you think would really wow the guests, please get hold of me.

Thanks again everyone. I love you all to bits for assisting with all of this.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

I must have one of the air to air GG shots Wayne listed earlier. I will be keeping tabs on the auction in order to add to the display.

Comment

Originally posted by av8rnid View Post
        I must have one of the air to air GG shots Wayne listed earlier. I will be keeping tabs on the auction in order to add to the display.
        Thanks for the support.

By the way, I want to make sure I thank NAG for their donation and support. Thanks for the phone call, Betty, it made our night last night.

Comment

This will probably be my last post to this thread.

I want to thank everyone that helped so much with the live event, including all the terrific photographers, everyone that made a donation, and those of you who hung out online with us in the wee hours.

But we're not finished. While Stewart, Anthony and I are taking today off to rest up, tomorrow we'll be plunging in to start working on the Governor's Nevada Day dinner. I'll start a new thread and be posting information about that tomorrow, once I have details.

Thanks to everyone that has sent me additional fundraising ideas. We'll certainly take all of the suggestions seriously and see if we can't make them happen.

We're going to be at this for the long term. We didn't make the $1 million we'd hoped to through the live telethon, but that just means we now can concentrate on meeting and exceeding that figure in the coming months.

I can't begin to tell you how much fun it's been to work with Stewart Campbell, or how honoured I am to be able to represent our air race family. As I've told a couple of you, I'll be working hard to make you and Jimmy proud.

Sandra

Comment

Latest dollar figure from this first fundraiser - $18,300, with more still coming in. Thanks so much everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X