"Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Restless Act of Kindness" Victim Relief Fundraiser

Perfect, Eric's going to come back down.

Here's Stewart's number again. 775.376.3784. This message is for ALL of the AAFO community. Call Stewart. He's not going to ask any uncomfortable questions. The things we talk about here in public is all he wants. Let's educate the public, let's show them that we ARE a close knit community. Talk about your passion. That's all I'm asking.

He really needs people from noon Monday until Tuesday. I'm going to ask, cajole, beg, grumble. Without the pilots,crews and aircraft, we wouldn't have airraces. Without spectators and fans we wouldn't have air races. So please, guys and gals, help out.

Again, and I know I'm repeating myself, if we're not obviously participating, our conspicuous absence will be noticed. The more participation we have, the stronger the argument we can make that the races should continue, and the more people will be behind us in ensuring that happens. Remember, this will be a political decision, as well as a safety issue.

If every AAFO member that loves these races, called Stewart and shared one air race memory, we could keep him on the phone talking air racing until he's done on Tuesday. Please don't let the silence of the air racing community be deafening.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

In case you don't know, Eric is our Ebehne. He's here, now, talking to Stewart. His girlfriend was seriously injured and is still hospitalized. Standing right next to her, he walked away without a (physical) scratch. Thankfully, she's healing.

I'm glad, we could have lost them both. Thank God we didn't.

Many hugs, Eric.

Comment

Sandra... Where do you get your energy!

Are you in your 20's or just feel like you are?...

I've got some good shots of Jimmy in he Ghost air to air from last year.. very few really good.. one or two but some great static shots...

Asked this earlier.. would that be in bad taste? For some reason, it's not at all hard for me to look at Jimmy in pictures, where in the past, when I've lost a friend, it took me quite a while...

It's his damn smile I think.. you could always tell he was doing what he wanted to be doing at any given moment..

Anyway... shoot me an opinion...

I'd call Stewart tonight but already took a sleepie pill and need to get some sleep... road trip tomorrow...

Thanks for what you're doing for the sport and the injured fans, you have a good heart, keep up the good work!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm 51 and trust me, I feel like it. lol

I don't think pictures of Jimmy and the Ghost are in bad taste. I know what you mean about his smile. I still can't get my head around never seeing it again.

And part of this, as I said earlier, is because I know he'd want us doing this, and him being proud of me has been important since I was in my teens. I hope when all is said and done, you and AAFO will be too. I'm doing my best to represent us well.

That, and if I stay busy, I don't have to think too much.

Thank you for calling Stewart. The fact that you did might encourage other AAFOers to (that's a hint!). He would really like more calls tomorrow through Tuesday, which is our last push, the last 24 hours.

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Sandra... Where do you get your energy!

Are you in your 20's or just feel like you are?...

I've got some good shots of Jimmy in he Ghost air to air from last year.. very few really good.. one or two but some great static shots...

Asked this earlier.. would that be in bad taste? For some reason, it's not at all hard for me to look at Jimmy in pictures, where in the past, when I've lost a friend, it took me quite a while...

It's his damn smile I think.. you could always tell he was doing what he wanted to be doing at any given moment..

Anyway... shoot me an opinion...

I'd call Stewart tonight but already took a sleepie pill and need to get some sleep... road trip tomorrow...

Thanks for what you're doing for the sport and the injured fans, you have a good heart, keep up the good work!

Comment

Just before 8:00am, I'm just getting home to grab a nap and a shower. Stewart is hanging in there, with about 54 hours to go. So that's about 12 hours with Stewart last night.

I'll be back down there to spend another 12+ hours with him tonight, and Monday to Tuesday, I'll be there from 7:00pm-sh Monday until Stewart wraps up at noon on Tuesday.

Call and visit with Stewart at any point between now and Tuesday. If you can come down, that would be great, he'd love to meet all of you. Remember, if you call him, let him know you're an AAFOer. I've showed him around the forum.

Here's the number again: 775.376.3784

Okay, I'm off for a quick nap.

Comment

I know you've been trying to phone Stewart, and may not have been getting an answer. If he's in the middle of an interview, he won't answer the phone. He apologizes and asks that you bear with him and keep trying.

Here's his number again 775.376.3784

And here's mine. I'll be back there at about 8:00pm-ish Reno time.

Thanks for trying everyone, please keep up the good work. Our presence is starting to be commented on, and that's a good thing.

Btw, I learned that they checked with Mike Houghton to get RARA's blessing. They were told that it couldn't be RARA's fundraiser, due to the legal aspects, but they have RARA's blessing.

Comment

We are still here. It's 7:30 Reno time. Does anyone have Victor Archer's phone number? We need to ask him a technical question.

Here's my number again: 775.338.7082

Comment

As I posted in the other thread, Stewart's body finally insisted on a 5 hour nap after 87 hours without sleep. However, we're now plugging on until tomorrow at noon, which was the original stop date for the live event.

After that, people can still make donations at www.ThinkKindness.org, and we'll make the photographs available in exchange for donations, based on the size of the print they want.

Once that goes "live", I'll post the info.

Thanks so much everyone.

Comment

KTVN Channel 2, Reno - No-Sleep Fundraiser for Air Race Victims Continues

Comment

We are wrapping up here at the Grand Sierra Resort. But that only means that the live broadcast is ending. You can continue to make donations (hint, hint) at www.ThinkKindness.org

We'll have the gallery of photos up soon, at www.loadedtv.com
                      with info on the sizes and prices of the available prints.

At the moment we have a gorgeous matted, framed print of Ghost that's up for auction. We're hoping it will bring in a minimum of $200.

Galloping Ghost

Our Ebehne took the photo and did a great job of having it matted and framed. The picture itself is 24x36, and with silver matte and frame it's 27x40. The silver matte and black frame really set off the beautiful shine of Ghost's fuselage.

If you're interested in it, either use Facebook's comment to post a bid, or send me a PM.

Comment

Sandra, There's some prints waiting for you at Costco
                        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Sandra, working on having some there for you from me as well... Don't know how long they take to process but I don't think it's too long..
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sandra, prints waiting for you after 3:10 today Reno store.. did not realize there was also a Sparks Costco!

Could not figure out how to pay for them in advance so... I'll have to remburse you the $$ somehow...... (about $18.00)
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              Sandra, prints waiting for you after 3:10 today Reno store.. did not realize there was also a Sparks Costco!

Could not figure out how to pay for them in advance so... I'll have to remburse you the $$ somehow...... (about $18.00)
                              Don't worry about that Wayne, that cost is being taken care of. Another donor has volunteered to pick up our printing costs.

They usually can print them the same day. Stewart will go and pick them up tomorrow afternoon. Thank you both.

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
                                Don't worry about that Wayne, that cost is being taken care of. Another donor has volunteered to pick up our printing costs.

They usually can print them the same day. Stewart will go and pick them up tomorrow afternoon. Thank you both.
                                WoW... I didn't expect that! I put up two shots, 5 each at 8x10 size.

I have a very limited amount of files with me on a portable hard drive, but I'd be happy to provide more later if you would like.

Thanks!

note: prints do not have copyright notice on front of image (there is one on the back)
                                Attached Files
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X