Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bll Whittle Commentary.....

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Good luck recovering damages should someone lift a photo off of a website and use it without permission. Bottom line is what is the photo worth and is it worth the effort of registering it? A copyright notice on the picture only stops the honest people from stealing it. To recover any monetary damages the photo really needs to be registered with the feds.
    While I can't deny that this is true... I will say, the 24 hour notice which DMCA carries is damned real!

The server provider for his website, and I guarantee there is one, has 1000's of other servers giving them upwards of a grand a month, each, depending on traffic, and services.... For his $200-$400 (or more depending on actual traffic) per month for their website... and the current emphasis on DMCA claims given by the courts, his provider WILL give him he 24 hour notice, followed by shutting him down if not addressed!

Copyright violations, particularly DMCA claims are "big news" at this time...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      While I can't deny that this is true... I will say, the 24 hour notice which DMCA carries is damned real!

The server provider for his website, and I guarantee there is one, has 1000's of other servers giving them upwards of a grand a month, each, depending on traffic, and services.... For his $200-$400 (or more depending on actual traffic) per month for their website... and the current emphasis on DMCA claims given by the courts, his provider WILL give him he 24 hour notice, followed by shutting him down if not addressed!

Copyright violations, particularly DMCA claims are "big news" at this time...
      I know webmasters take copyright violation seriously. I personally think they should be forced to compensate the photog for its unauthorized use while it was there, not just remove it. I know that traditional print and broadcast also have the same copyright concerns especially since it is not easy to pull back the thousands of magazines that have already been printed or the broadcast that has already gone out on the airwaves. Is PJTV (the network that Whittle is on) a traditional TV network or online only?

Comment

The video has now gone "private"

Comment

Originally posted by Frank C. View Post
          The first part was correct. Then the a****** starts spouting Tea Party crap. Remember again, this is an AIR RACING website. F*** Bill Whittle and his politics

Frank C.
          Nothing hypocritical about that posting.

SA
          Last edited by Smee Again; 10-03-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

The first part was correct. Then the a****** starts spouting Tea Party crap. Remember again, this is an AIR RACING website. F*** Bill Whittle and his politics

Frank C.
            I don't agree with his politics, but I'll take help where I can find it. And his video is Pro continue-the-air-races.

That said, at a minimum he owes Victor an apology.
            sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
            http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Originally posted by Smee Again View Post
              Nothing hypocritical about that posting.

SA
              Same to you A#####! I said nothing about my politics. I am not a hypocrite. Keep political ideology out of AIR RACING.

Frank C.
              Last edited by Frank C.; 10-03-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsnothin View Post
                The video has now gone "private"
                Well, now ain't that just great!!!! I knew I should've downloaded that puppy when I had the chance. Did anyone else download it? If so, I'd sure like a copy.

Cheers....

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl View Post
                  Sorry I double posted about this video, it really needs to go viral as suggested. I am also thinking there would huge unexpected benefits from closing NYC!

Spacegrrrl
                  It is most definitely not going to "go viral" as a restricted access video.

Comment

I wonder why it went private?

Spacegrrrrl

Comment

Same to you A#####! I said nothing about my politics. I am not a hypocrite. Keep political ideology out of AIR RACING.
                      Frank C.
                      "Then the a****** starts spouting Tea Party crap."

"F*** Bill Whittle and his politics"

My apologies. You did an excellent job of separating air racing and politics in your initial post. Nothing agenda driven or hypocritical there. FAIL!! You have a nice day.

SA

Comment

Hmmm, it would appear it wasn't helping the "lawyers against the races" position.

Someone must have put a "C" clamp on his beak!

Live free or die, or at least until someone apposes you. . .

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Smee Again View Post
                          "Then the a****** starts spouting Tea Party crap."

"F*** Bill Whittle and his politics"

My apologies. You did an excellent job of separating air racing and politics in your initial post. Nothing agenda driven or hypocritical there. FAIL!! You have a nice day.

SA
                          Eat S###!

Comment

Eat S###!
                            Now, now, children, play nice.
                            sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
                            http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Eat S###!
                              Ouch! Hurtful!

SA

Comment

Some person makes a video and certain people buy in to it because he mentions freedom. Running him for president or whatever. I go to the Air Races because I love the Unlimiteds! Nobody ever told me not to go. We worked for a crew for a few years and there never was mention of what our politics were. I am sure it covered all parts of the spectrum. Nobody cared or asked. Guess I was trying to get that across. Sorry if anyone was offended.

Frank C.

Comment

Working...
                                X