X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Something different

Originally posted by EvoDave View Post
    Hi -

Thanks for the great pictures! Kahnzilla posted a picture of unlimited pilots on the ramp. I think I recognize Will Whiteside and Matt Jackson. Thom Richard is in there and I think Brian Sanders maybe. Who else is in that group?

Dave
    I think we have Daglo dude, Bill Eberhardt, Thom Richard, Will Whiteside, not sure, Mark Watt, Sanders, Brent Hisey, Dan Vance, not sure.
    Last edited by W J Pearce; 09-21-2011, 06:56 PM.
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

More photos:

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce View Post
        I think we have Daglo dude, Bill Eberhardt, Thom Richard, Will Whiteside, not sure, Mark Watt, Sanders, Brent Hisey, Dan Vance, not sure.

Stewart Dawson on the far right, everything else is correct except the photographer and the one with back towards camera. Unknown.

Comment

OMG - I have to laugh at 'Daglo dude'. I assume you are referring to the person on the far left. He's the ramp boss for the unlimiteds! I'll have to tell him he was referred to as 'Daglo dude'. It will (hopefully) put a much needed smile on his face.
          Cindy DeLaurell

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
            OMG - I have to laugh at 'Daglo dude'. I assume you are referring to the person on the far left. He's the ramp boss for the unlimiteds! I'll have to tell him he was referred to as 'Daglo dude'. It will (hopefully) put a much needed smile on his face.
            Cindy DeLaurell
            Yup, I first had him as press but he seems to be missing everything the press have (camera, 5 more items that say "Press", other camera, tan vest with 10,000 pockets, goofy hat, other other camera, 15 other press friends around him). I figured if I called him "Daglo dude" then everyone would know which side I started on. However, upon further reflection I believe it is "DayGlo".

I'm glad it made you laugh and of course I meant no offense. The only way that I would feel bad over my choice of words would be if you told me that this is his normal outfit and not something he is wearing for high-visibility on the ramp. If that is the case, then I'll just say that he does wear it well.

*Again, just trying to have fun here. Unrelated photo below.

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Here's one I (a rank amateur, obviously) took on Friday afternoon. I realize it's not the best photgraphically, but I think it captures some of the spirit of these guys. A brotherhood, maybe.

Matt-
              Attached Files

Comment

Heres one I got Friday afternoon of them coming down the chute between pylons 1 and 2. I bet they all had big smiles, it was looking to be a great race. :-(
                Last edited by Desertdawg; 10-03-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Bill and Steve D thank you for the identification. It is nice to put a name with the face.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X