Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Loud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Loud?

The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that they talk when they should allow us to listen to the sound of the planes. They overpower the wonderful sound of the racers passing in front of the crowd. Just shut up during these times. "here they come, blah, blah, blah".

Let us listen to the sounds of the racers!!!!

Comment

No more Frank or the "Bad Boy's of Air Racin'"

Comment

Hey announcer, I've got your "bad boy of aviation" right here"!!!
        Badda bing..
        ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

Wow. You guys are right!!!! Lets get mufflers on all the racers because all the noise from them is a bunch of BS as well. You know what, let's start a petition and get everyone in Lemmon Valley to sign it so we can shut down the races because I can't hear my cowbell. WE NEED MORE COWBELL!!!! I think I'm going to watch Oprah now so I can boost up my testosterone level because it won't happen on this site.

Have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by RC Racer View Post
            Wow. You guys are right!!!! Lets get mufflers on all the racers because all the noise from them is a bunch of BS as well. You know what, let's start a petition and get everyone in Lemmon Valley to sign it so we can shut down the races because I can't hear my cowbell. WE NEED MORE COWBELL!!!! I think I'm going to watch Oprah now so I can boost up my testosterone level because it won't happen on this site.

Have a nice day
            roflmao, I guess your in a serious minority or perhaps dont attend the races often of for many days. If you like them I support you in that, just curious as to why you felt it important to mock everyone that dosnt like the announcers?

Comment

Now here is the plan-while Section 3 is making a lot of noise distracting everyone, Frank, Virgil, Capt Sully, Chewbacca and I will run out on the flight line undetected and unplug all the wires from the speakers. I hear Bed, Bath and Beyond has a sale on pink fuzzy slippers.
              Attached Files

Comment

The quality of the announcers or lack thereof is without a doubt an issue for many people, and I can't disagree with many of the posts on the subject.
                My bitch is I know that I can't be in the minority when I think that the whole sound system way too loud. Especially the speakers in front of the box seats. As mentioned in a earlier post the volume is painful. I don't know what the sound limits are before it is considered unhealthy, but I am assuming that RARA is exceeding it.

Comment

By the time I get half way through the day I'm always in awe that someone can talk so long without saying anything. Verbal diarrhea.

Comment

We sit on the top row of the bleachers and it's loud. I can't imagine how loud it is in the box seating.

They should sit in the furthest bleacher seating and tune it to that area. Or just turn it down and add speakers where they think it is weak. Rather than just killing it from the front speakers. Sound like it's time for a revamp.
                    My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

I think I understand RC Racer....he owns the company that has the PA contact for the races....
                      I'm sorry he dosen't appreciate airplane noise...

Comment

I'll tell you what-Since were friends and all, Ill call RARA today on my break to see if they can lower the volume on the PA. This might have a reverse effect though. If RARA lowers the volume, I don't want anyone blaming me for the old people at the Tutti Fruiti ice cream stand screaming at each other "WHAT DID HE SAY?"
                        I know there is "no crying in baseball" but, can we have ice cream in aviation?

Comment

As I suggested earlier, kids, girlfiiends and grannies, all folks who don't appreciate this event and/or UNDERSTAND it, stay home....pretty simple
                          It's all friendly, I mean that's what air shows and Red Bull Air Racing is for...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                            roflmao, I guess your in a serious minority or perhaps dont attend the races often of for many days. If you like them I support you in that, just curious as to why you felt it important to mock everyone that dosnt like the announcers?
                            Bob- Haven't missed a year since 1968 and I will be crewing Mr Solo's "MF Special" this year. I'm not trying to mock anyone. I'm making light of the subject. Talk to RARA if you have a problem with them. That might take care of the problem. Complaining here won't get you anywhere.

PS. I like ice cream.

Comment

...and beer but, not together.

Comment

We know we're now going to get anywhere and it's all tongue in cheek...we're having fun with it. I'm in the pits anyway....

Comment

Working...
                                X