Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Loud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Loud?

That's one reason I like being in the pits 98% of the day. I couldn't hear the announcers if I wanted to...

Comment

They have to be reading from scripts as well, Every day they say the same crap, after the third day I want to scream.

Comment

Race 5, you have it right. It's the only place to be...but don't tell anybody...shhhhh
        ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

So that's why I can never hear them. I thought I was just unconsciously blocking them out.

Comment

Originally posted by a4gturn View Post
            I've been sayin' for years...we don't need no stinkin' music!!!! And the announcers suck. They talk (or should I say yell) at us endlessly about what we are seeing...I mean come-on...don't bring your kids, grannies or girlfriends along if they don't know what the're lookin' at....stay home and take the announcers with you...
            Exactamundo!! I let the Merlins,Pratts,Wrights,Falconers and Lycomings
            entertain me..such sweet music. Don't understand the PA volume...I mean we're not deaf. Like I said earlier, it's for the 1st timers and glitterati set.

Comment

There are no scripts except for sponsors. Don't ask how but I know

Comment

Originally posted by Steve H View Post
                Hi All,

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the volume of the announcers is WAY TOO LOUD? I find it almost impossible to communicate with my fellow race fans anytime the they are talking (which seems to be non stop).

I understand that the announcers need to do their thing, but personally I would enjoy the races much more if they would turn it down by half. They would still be heard just fine.

I would like to get some other opinions on this subject. If RARA sees that there is a large consensus on the matter, maybe, just maybe, they will turn it down enough that my ears won't ring for the next two days after the races.

Steve
                I'm opposed to loud sounds/music...whenever it is not necessary. I've have a free application on my Droid smartphone called Sound Meter or Smart Sound. Whenever I'm opposed to the volume of something, I pull it out, turn it on and see what level it is. I think it's fairly accurate. Reads in decibels, dB's. Then I show it to the management. I record when it is quiet and then when the sound is loud so I have a comparison, kind of like before and after.

Comment

Steve,
                  I can have a couple of these signs made picket style or sandwich board style, and they they can be paraded "Go Pardue" style in front of the announcers stand.

:-D

Comment

Make em orange and give out to everyone in sec 3.

or better yet.. Have the sec 3 guys hand em out to everyone in the grand stands... lol

Comment

There is probably a louder volume that is good for when the planes are flying by you and a quieter volume that is good when the planes are not flying by and nobody is adjusting the sound to compensate when it is quiet so the volume is always LOUD??? And the announcer is being told by somebody to keep talking and he's expecting the sound person to keep the volume correct...What a mess.

Find the person working the sound board and pass them a note telling them that it is too loud and you want them to turn it down.
                      Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-08-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Box A35 View Post
                        Steve,
                        I can have a couple of these signs made picket style or sandwich board style, and they they can be paraded "Go Pardue" style in front of the announcers stand.

:-D
                        Perhaps they should say, "SHUT UP FRANK"

Comment

Can we perhaps organize a mass unplugging of the speakers
                          ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

+1 on unplugging the speakers. The sound level they use is right at the point of physical pain for me. And I don't want to wear ear plugs the entire day just to quiet that drivel.
                            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

...(when I could)....I came to hear the orchestra,
                              not the usher.

yes, I have contacted RARA several times,
                              no, I have not seen results from my contact.

Yes I have asked for "mass" messages to RARA,
                              No, "we have only had a few complaints.....'

.....Frank.....there are times you need to close your mouth !
                              ....sound engineer.....music at NCAR comes from the planes.

Q)....will people in section 3 ever complete their section 8's ?
                              Mayday51
                              Jim Gallagher

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X