No announcement yet.

Interesting 'rules' change for 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting 'rules' change for 2011.

Sounds fair to me. No team should have a "home field advantage".

I think it's better than keeping one plane clean and dry and hidden from competitors eyes until race time while all the others are out in a highly visible location where any airframe "speed secrets" can be spotted. All racing aircraft (and crew) should be equally exposed to the elements.

Comment

There appears to be a very extensive shade shelter over the Bear pit this afternoon. The team seems to be prepared for the new rule.
      Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Foam View Post
        There appears to be a very extensive shade shelter over the Bear pit this afternoon. The team seems to be prepared for the new rule.
        Yes, i noticed that too. kinda like a giant EZ-UP but anchored securely to the ground. It's a lot nicer than most of the other "shelters" that are out there...................
        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

First I am a huge Rod Lewis fan. He brings a lot of planes to Reno every year and it is more than appreciated. Along with Steve Hinton, the Friedken family, and Paul Allen he is one of the most important war bird collectors around. And he shares those with a lot of people around the country.

That being said just because he brings a lot of planes does not mean he should get special treatment. There are guys that have been coming to the races for a lot longer than Rod and they never go hide in a hanger even when they have issues they are dealing with.

Just because someone has more money than the guy pitting next to him does not mean he should get special treatment. BUT maybe that was not even the case. Rare Bear is stationed in Reno and there was no rule in effect that said they had to be in the pits. Play within the rules.

It seems to me there was likely some other competitors that made some noise on this. RARA doesn't make rule changes like this one for us.

Comment

Double up,

I think there are a bunch of reasons RARA made the rule change. In no real order.

1. fans
            2. fairness to other teams
            3. the longer pull to the warm up line.
            4. constantly being late to the race and requesting a time extension because of the extra crowded area they have to go through to get to the warm up area.

All of these I'm sure are factors in the rule change.

Comment

It would be nice to have some feedback/insight directly from RARA
              as to their reasons. (would certainly kill rumors).

....(guess they took our government as busines example....)
              Mayday51
              Jim Gallagher

Comment

Working...
              X