Racer updates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Racer updates???

So, will we see a new prop never seen before in Griffon racing history?

Hoping the race number is big and unique on the fuselage side, and not a small basic black one on the tail.

I'd like to see polished aluminum and maybe some black and red accent, something like Platinum Plus had, only a little wilder. Maybe black and gold would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell View Post
      So, will we see a new prop never seen before in Griffon racing history?
      Not with only 3 weeks before Reno, you won't.

Motor is back on along with the prop...and a new 'emergency feather' system.

Comment

Just a couple quick ones from today. The motor and prop are on, along with the radiator. It's starting to look like an airplane again.

jh

Comment

The Buick was running her new 4360 yesterday for the first time. There are a couple of pictures posted on the facebook site.

Can't wait to see her!

Comment

Hey Jim, whats the landing gear out of again? Thanks, can't seem to remember.

Comment

The gear is stock...just chromed I want to say that the brakes are off a King Air. Brenden says they hope to have the engine ready to run by the weekend.

jim

Comment

Looks like good things are coming out of the Eagles Nest. Dreadnought flew yesterday and everything looked clean according to their FB updates. There are some great pictures posted as well. She took to the air with Argo at her side.

There are also some nice updated pictures on the Furias progress on that FB site. That bird looks faster with each new updated picture.

Comment

Just curious if anyone has heard anything about September Fury and if she has taken to the air on her new engine yet?

Also, anything on Miss America being there after the minor mishap?

Thanks in advance for any info if you have it!!! Just over two weeks.......CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?????!!!!!!

Comment

Finished the artwork on PM today, I forgot my camera but Thom took these and posted them on Facebook. I "winged it", hope it is acceptable.

jim

Comment

looks great. I'm so happy that PM is back in action..

Comment

Sweet, a lil blonde in Daisy Dudes.

Precious she is :-)

Last edited by Desertdawg; 11-04-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Thank you for finishing the little girl up for me, Jim.

I felt bad not getting her done before I left last month. I knew Thom would be able to find someone capable. You left something off, though...there needs to be a lanyard from the hat around the front of her neck, and I was going to put some 'shading' below her and the pick axe, so it looked like she was laying on a rock.
                          Last edited by Big_Jim; 11-04-2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                            Thank you for finishing the little girl up for me, Jim.

I felt bad not getting her done before I left last month. I knew Thom would be able to find someone capable. You left something off, though...there needs to be a lanyard from the hat around the front of her neck, and I was going to put some 'shading' below her and the pick axe, so it looked like she was laying on a rock.
                            No worries, my pleasure. I wondered about a few things concerning the background, now I know I just used the 8x10 graphic, I did change a few of her "shapes" around her neck and softened her face compared to the original artwork but nothing drastic. It's an honor to have artwork on a racer...wayy cool!

jim

Comment

Working...
                            X