judy #44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: judy #44

F169 too bad you can't fly over ST.George,UT new airport with a 9k ft. runway.I'm a volunteer at the Western Sky Aviation Warbird Museum. There are 2 MIG 15s,1 MIG17 & a British Provost. Dago Red use to be here. A 93 yr. old flight instructor that taught Clay Lacey (P51 Snoopy) to fly is still active here by the name of Cliff Chaney.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Hi Guys and Girls(goforth),

Well... I have some downer news in that I made the decision to pull the plug for our new racer making Reno this year! We have been working incredibly long hours and yet are just out of time! It was a tough decision, but the right one.

We are close... have been doing some ground runs and systems stuff, but just need a few more weeks....

All I can say is....... well, it just looks damn fast even sitting on the ramp!

Brian
      -there is a chance that I might get to bring a stocker cassutt so hope to still see you all at Reno!

Comment

#44 always looked fast sitting on the ramp.
        Will be missed but kudo's for not pushing it and ending up unsafe!
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
          #44 always looked fast sitting on the ramp.
          Will be missed but kudo's for not pushing it and ending up unsafe!
          #44 is still coming. It is Brian Reberry's new airplane that is not coming this year.

Comment

Thanks!
            Thought he meant Judy!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

nope judy is ready to rock,

Comment

Originally posted by IF1#13 View Post
                Hi all,
                I like spacegrrl's idea of an adult beverage and talking about how to make the next 'cassutt'. Anyone interested, come find me in Reno!

Someone asked about Continental making the O-200. The answer is Yes, but at this time it is not allowed in IF1 because there is some uncertainty about the lighter crank! The thought is if it can handle to RPM's that we turn?! Continental has been very reluctant to supply us with any data.

Brian

So...what? It's an antique engine parts hunt? I'm too lazy to pull up the rules, but I am NOT inclined to believe that the old Continental is NOT the problem.
                When I was interested in F-1 it was all about finding the case center of one of the off center cylinders from the factory, remachining it, finding hard to find C-90 stuff, etc. The airplanes were easy at the time, before Jon and Nemesis.
                You'll find a whole bunch of new interest changing the formula to 0-360's and one propeller. And requiring a starter.
                Chris...

Comment

you can still buy everything for the o-200 , it is the easiest thing to build ,on the o200 the airplanes are the hard part

Comment

Working...
                  X