Gold Unlimiteds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gold Unlimiteds

I near promise Furias will be there and in gold.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

To add another question to the list, does anyone know whether my second favorite paint job will be there? (Spirit of Texas)? I absolutely LOVE that paint job! Riff Raff was a beautiful plane as well, but (and I know this is a point of contention for many people) the new paint job on Rare Bear is absolutely gorgeous to me!

Fast and Beautiful, Beautiful and then fast, or just plain beautiful - I'm just happy to be at Stead in September!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
        To add another question to the list, does anyone know whether my second favorite paint job will be there? (Spirit of Texas)? I absolutely LOVE that paint job! Riff Raff was a beautiful plane as well, but (and I know this is a point of contention for many people) the new paint job on Rare Bear is absolutely gorgeous to me!

Fast and Beautiful, Beautiful and then fast, or just plain beautiful - I'm just happy to be at Stead in September!

Tom
        No Spirit of Texas. Stu is driving the Bear this year.

Comment

Originally posted by planecrazy2 View Post
          About 60 days to go....

From my perspective, it's the "modified mill" birds that make it all worthwhile. The f7f's, stock P-51D's and unmodified airframe SeaFuries that make it to the Gold are really just there as placeholders. Watching them be lapped is not my idea of fun. It's the mod engines that get my blood racing. Unless your running a hot engine, your chances of winning go down to like 5% if you make it to Sundays Gold party.

So I was just listing the mods,

These birds are flying and should be there,
          Witch
          Bear
          GG
          VooDoo
          PM

But what about,

Buick, still nobody has chimed in.???? New engine yet? Hung and flown yet?

I cant find any site or word on the Yak's progress.???? All new/rebuilt wing glued on yet?

Agree with Wayne that Furies will be a wild card and interesting, but she has not flown to date.

Sorry to hear RR's been sold, Thank you Dan for some super effort over the years.

Anyone know if Miss. A will be running a stocker or sumthing else with more horseradish?

60 days.
          Yeah, it's time to start the rumor mill!
          Who will be there and with what mods?
          I saw vid clip of an interview with Sherman Smoot, and he mentioned Czech Mate going to a boil-off system. Maybe that is in the works along with the wing rebuild?!

....can't wait to see the posts about Team Sani-Hut, Team Wang and others?

Good to see the French are bringing a turbo diesel NXT in the Sport Class! Some International entries would be great for the sport!

Comment

I just read on thier website that Team Strega may go for the air speed record in August of this year.

Does anyone know if this is a go or not?

Comment

Working...
            X