X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRE PRS FIELD REPORT 6-14-11

Originally posted by Leo View Post
    Wayne, the Diner went out of business.
    I did notice recently (yea, I watched it again) it was used in TOR.

I've had the opposite of hot/cramped recently, having spent a couple of multi-hour trips over the pass. It's no fun in a cramped Toyota pickup waiting out the 7th hour covered in a couple feet of snow waiting for the highway in front of you to re-open!
    Yeah I know what your talking about Leo it was one hell of a winter up there this year I drive truck over the pass every night and experianced some of those shut downs for the future if you dont mind the extra time and miles us truckers will take 395 to 70 down into Oroville and in to Sacramento and vice versa coming back to Reno it makes the trip longer but is worth it you keep moving less traffic and the caltrans guys are pretty good over there as far as keeping the road open and cleared for us just get behind one of us truckers and will get you through it!

Comment

Re: PRE PRS FIELD REPORT 6-14-11

Yea, my neighbor drives truck and told me about that one AFTER my last marathon. He also told me to call him next time as 50 will sometime be open when 80 is closed by ice. Luckily I only have to make two trips a week, one down, one up. It's strange that two weeks ago there were chains required over the summit but this week it's going to hit mid-90's in Reno!

While real nice to see PM there, I hope the new owner has the time and resources to give her some TLC. She sure looks like she needs it!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
      X