Leeward Challenges Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leeward Challenges Tiger

Guys get real. The day this happens is the day Sani-Hut shows up in the twin Mustang. In other words, it's NEVER going to happen.

Comment

Of course not, but fun to think about!

How about tow tugs at dawn?
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Tugs?
        Nah, Tugnaught would leave 'em in the dust! You know, seniority, laps around the flightline, etc.
        Plus if it was needed the Buick would just go through a start sequence and scare the ever living crap out of the other tugs!

Comment

I was there the year that Dago was gonna do a run on the course after winning the Sunday Gold. As I remember (please correct) he shucked a rod through the case on takeoff. Oh well, the best laid plans of mice and men....
          If Jimmy really wants to challenge Tiger, then I say run what ya brung - grudge matches should be done AFTER the official racing. Lets see which, if either, high strung v-motors can really string it out and do the deed of the 500 mph lap back to back, especially with about a 45 minute cool-down between runs!

Comment

WHY WAIT!!!
            WHY DON'T THEY SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL COME
            SATURDAY AFTERNOON AFTER PRS.
            MORE ACTION AND LESS HYPE!!
            PUT YOUR PREVERBIAL MONEY WHER THE MOUTH IS, AND 8 LAPS
            TO TOTAL BRAGGIN" RIGHTS.SEPTEMBER COMETH' BUT, WHY WAIT?
            ~GHOSTRIDER

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
              Tugs?
              Nah, Tugnaught would leave 'em in the dust! You know, seniority, laps around the flightline, etc.
              Plus if it was needed the Buick would just go through a start sequence and scare the ever living crap out of the other tugs!
              I don't believe Tugnaut ever won the Tug races....for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg66 View Post
                I definitely wanna see this! After the Gold on Sunday we'll get to see who has the fastest P-51. The Bear will be celebrating his latest win, and Tiger and Jimmy (who finished second behind the Bear) will tear it up, break it down, and give us the best damned down and dirty - throw it on the deck at 500+ MPH race that this planet has ever seen!

There is no substitute for cubic inches - especially when certain gaseous substances are introduced into the intake system!

Bring it on, Jimmy!

Tom
                I love all the racers and race planes...but if Strega were to still be in running condition "after the Gold" it likely won't be a Bear win in the Gold...And certainly not a third place for Strega...If Strega holds together Strega likely wins...If Strega breaks, VooDoo wins...if VooDoo breaks Bear wins...If Bear breaks Jimmy and GG tie the Buick

Comment

I have seen Strega take second place to the bear without breaking more than once.

Comment

As I said earlier, "It will never happen"

Would be super cool, but neither would risk a head to head race during the race week and maybe blowing up before the Gold race. And a grudge match after the Gold is not an option logisticly.
                    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

I like the PRS idea!!!
                      Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
                        If Strega holds together Strega likely wins...If Strega breaks, VooDoo wins...if VooDoo breaks Bear wins...If Bear breaks Jimmy and GG tie the Buick
                        DooDoo Chile Dog beats a healthy Bear?

Please, put the crack pipe down. It's to early for the silly season to start.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                          I have seen Strega take second place to the bear without breaking more than once.

Bear has beaten a healthy Strega , that is certainly true, but not since Strega has been turning speeds like she has consistently over the last few years, which is my point of reference in my statement..the current state.

I could certainly take any plane and say someone beat it at some time....But aside from Dago NOBODY has ever turned such consistent laps at such a high speed over a three year period in the history of the sport...Not Bear, not anyone...I am not saying the Bear could not beat Strega, I am just saying from what Strega has shown over the last three years that Bear would have to run as fast or faster than she has ever averaged in the Gold in her history...Also...If the VooDoo program manages to keep it together she looks to be nearly as fast as Strega so that's why my "Silly Season" prediction was as it was...G.G. is certainly an Unknown...But to expect her to average in the mid 490s to beat a healthy Strega seems a bit of a stretch though I would LOVE to see it, Bear, Strega, and VooDoo neck and neck for a photo finish...Just sayin...Not trying to ruffle feathers..With the hand grenade stresses on the Merlin or a healthy program with the Bear its certainly anyones game...BRING BACK SEPTEMBER FURY!!!!
                          Last edited by johnnyrace; 04-22-2011, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Oh I know.

Everything you said is true.

I Just like to be the out spoken bear fan these days.

Comment

Isn't this why they have the Gold Unlimited Race? so they can go all out and see who is fastest?

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                                Isn't this why they have the Gold Unlimited Race? so they can go all out and see who is fastest?
                                Yes, but Jimmy wants to race Tiger for old-times sake. Steve Hinton Jr. flys Strega now, not Tiger.

Comment

Working...
                                X