Favorite Aerobatic pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Aerobatic pilot

You're right. I forgot that, but I bet Lee hasn't. Or Bill Ammirata who cut him out of the harness.WOW!!
    Last edited by ShermB; 04-08-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Lets see..........kind of a "Dream Airshow"......Bud Granley with his five acts (maybe more if there are any unattended aircraft on the ramp)
      Kent Pietsch with three acts........Who could we get to fill any spaces in this show?????

Comment

For aerobatic pilot, not showman, definitely Hoover.

No one has mentioned Frank Tallman and the Duck,
        awesome for what it was...

Comment

Time for my 3 cents worth inflation you know lol , in no particular order i cant seperate them because of ablility and styles Art Schole (sp) , Bob Hoover , Jimmy Franklin and Any current or former Blue Angles Pilot
          Because they fly so close formation at such speeds so low with hi G and no g suites
          Last edited by luscombe; 04-17-2011, 02:25 AM. Reason: removale of typo

Comment

or the French Conection never really saw them in person. Shawn

Comment

Mr. Hoover #1, I just finished First Blue, Butch Voris. He must have been a great pilot, The Sanders Bros. Dennis and Brian Brian flew for Team America for sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Warbirds45 View Post
                The Sanders Bros. Dennis and Brian and their dad Frank flew for Team America for sometime.
                Fixed that for you! .

Comment

Since the initial question doesn't specify regional provenience or era I may add my European favorites:

cheers
                  Hubert

Comment

John H, thank you, I did not know that. I stop by the Sanders about 4 times a year, early September, is fun getting ready for Reno.
                    The Sanders and their staff are , and do some of the best rework around.
                    I can't remember where I say Team America fly, I think it was Hamilton Field, 1988?
                    Thanks again warbirds45

Comment

My Alltime 'Top 3':

BOB HOOVER - LEFTY GARDNER - ART SCHOLL

DBD

Comment

Originally posted by Warbirds45 View Post
                        John H, thank you, I did not know that. I stop by the Sanders about 4 times a year, early September, is fun getting ready for Reno.
                        The Sanders and their staff are , and do some of the best rework around.
                        I can't remember where I say Team America fly, I think it was Hamilton Field, 1988?
                        Thanks again warbirds45
                        By the way...if you're going to throw out Team America, you have to include Chuck Lischer and Barney Register...who formed it with Frank.

And if you're going to SAY it, then you have to say it right....as in "YOUR Team America".

Comment

I am going to have to go with Delmar Benjamin in the GeeBee, and Leo in the Laser and finally Jim Moser and Jim Holland who I grew up watching perform in Florida, they were legends in Northern Florida.

Comment

Working...
                          X