NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NASCAR

Just finished watching the twin 150's (recorded earlier) and they were far from boring. Lot's of strategy and lessons learned. I think it is going to be a pretty exciting race come Sunday. Definitely will not be boring!!!

Comment

Wouldn't it just be easier to have a speed limit? Maybe have a governor that kicks in when it goes over say 150mph.

Jarrod

Comment

Here's an interesting article about Rusty Wallace testing at Talladega with no restrictor plate in 2004. Imagine what it might be like today!

Comment

Well, I watched the 500 today, and it was just bizarre with the whole "two can draft, but three screw it up" thing going on.

They obviously can't just pull the plates off the cars, they're not stable enough when (not if) they get turned around backwards. At >205 mph, they'd get airborne every spin.

I think they should make the tires harder. WAY harder. And also make the Daytona/Talledega cars about as aerodynamic as a 75 Mercury. That way they could have the horespower to pass and maneuver, but couldn't use it all the way around the track to reach ludicrous speed.

Comment

Since they've already got what is a "spec body", why not go further and make some spec. bodies that won't allow speeds higher than 200 no matter how much hp they have........and then leave engines open.

I'm pretty sure race drivers know where the brake pedal is or none would complete a lap of a road course.

Comment

Working...
            X