Fifi flies down the coast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fifi flies down the coast.

My Grandfather was a flight engineer on a B-29 out of Tinian as well. He goes with me to the Chino Air Show every year and really enjoys it. We'd love to get him on the flight deck of Fifi while he is still able. Does anybody know when she'll be down in SoCal again? We didn't hear about the Long Beach stop until after it had come and gone.

KennyMac

Comment

Originally posted by GR7Racer View Post
      My Grandfather was a flight engineer on a B-29 out of Tinian as well. He goes with me to the Chino Air Show every year and really enjoys it. We'd love to get him on the flight deck of Fifi while he is still able. Does anybody know when she'll be down in SoCal again? We didn't hear about the Long Beach stop until after it had come and gone.

KennyMac
      Kenny
      At this point there are no immediate plans to return to Southern California; however the squadron is attending the ICAS meeting in early December and from there we will begin to formulate our plan for the 2011 year. We will update our website (www.cafb29b24.org) in the late winter with our plans.

Chris
      CAF B-29/B-24 Sqd.
      Public Information Officer

Comment

Chris,
        Yes, by all means, feel free to share this account to anyone you wish. All the new technology, Twitter, Facebook, et al are really cool and make connecting with folks so easy.

That said, I fear the "art" of actual storytelling is becoming a lost one in our culture.

If this or any other story from others causes even one young person to retell it, and perhaps even make his/he own contribution to efforts such as the CAF or similar organziations, it's more than worth the effort.

Keep 'em Flyin'!

Owen
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Thanks for your updates Flying sailor last week. I got into total exhaustion last week and had commitments I couldn't get out of , so in the end the only time I saw the airplane was Thursday night. I was fried by Sat night so getting up early Sun was not possible.
          Last edited by John H; 11-20-2010, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X