X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future for the Bear?

Please, what is "American"Spirit"? Other than us patriots that is

That would be american spirit.

Normally I would hotlink an image here, but I guess you are going to have to Google it yourself[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
      The museum HAS a record-breaking Bearcat racer already. If a famous Reno air racer was to go there next, it should be Dago Red.
      Maybe they can display it like the Planes of Fame Betty bomber - in pieces.

Set it up as parts scattered around a hangar. It can serve as an example of an ambitious racing project gone horribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
        "IF" the Bear is retired (DON"T DO IT!!!) PLEASE go back to the Gold or Brown paint scheme and put the three blade prop back on...
        I feel the same way!! 1 vote for Gold/White + 3Blade,
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

conquest 1 is indeed there..

Originally posted by spacegrrrl View Post
          As a person that is attempting to train fish to ride bicycles I find this very offensive!

Actually, I had heard rumors of the Bear being destin for the Smithsonian. I wish I could remember who mentioned it, could be I'm just repeating what I've read here.

Isn't Conquest 1 there already? Would be interesting to see both Bearcats on display side by side. Preferablly after another decade of Bear racing.

It would be great of someone could confirm the team shuffle.

Spacegrrrl
          the smithsonian would just put it in storage forever. Besides Rod spend 1.5 tons of money rebuilding the airframe...you dont do that for museum planes

Comment

PHP Code:
            Besides Rod spend 1.5 tons of money rebuilding the airframe...you dont do that for museum planes 

Thanks for the rational perspective Jet 1.

I for one would be crushed to see the bear hanging, or worse, know it was in deep storage at a museum.

She needs to be racing. So does Dago, PM and Furius.
            '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

I believe it's Bill Hickle.
              Scotty G

Comment

Originally posted by Dave65882 View Post
                Was told that they want one more gold win, then speed records, then of to the museum for the Bear.David
                This sounds good, and given the new level of competition might keep the Bear around for quite some time. Sounds easy but...
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty G View Post
                  I believe it's Bill Hickle.
                  Yes, sorry for the mis-type

Comment

Maybe I should start a new thread for this but...

I think we should have a Rare Bear party like the old sponsors parties next year. Get a hanger for the night, invite all the familiar faces and past fan sponsors and have a blast.

What do you think?
                    Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                    Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
                      "IF" the Bear is retired (DON"T DO IT!!!) PLEASE go back to the Gold or Brown paint scheme and put the three blade prop back on...
                      I'm with you Vic, and any paint would be better than what they have on it today
                      "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

You don't dig "Tide with Bleach"?

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude View Post
                          Refresh my memory, what was the "airplane behind the Bear"? Even though I was there, I couldn't get close enough to the hangar to get a good look due to everything being roped off 50 feet away.

Also, did you get any confirmation on John Penney's status on the team?
                          Would the aircraft behind the Bear be the Cornell Jackson racer that was being worked on? Last I saw it was a couple years back. It was on a trailer by the RARA hanger.

I can only say that good reliable people have confirmed the leaving of Dave C and John P as well.

Sad...
                          Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
                          Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

Working...
                          X