• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hay boys and girls

i hope people like this plane i am so stressed that it not come out right

Comment

OK i am calling this one done for now. it will be at reno on Sunday when i get there at 9am and will take it home when they take the bear out for the gold. now the only thing i ask is when u see it remember there where a lot of problems, but i really tried my best and i have been painting non stop for 5 days strait.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
        Dont rush yourself to meet some hypothetical deadline. A prefect Model that is late is better then a so-so model that is on time.

I know from experiance that rushing the modeling process can lead to disaster.

Have you seen that new 1/32 scale RB-51 kit? Pretty amazing but its $199.99!!!
        Flyingjibus I agree totally, a rushed model never looks as good as one that has taken a little more time..
        wow a 1/32 RB-51 where can i find that one...
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Fisher Model and pattern. Really nice resin models.

Excellence in Model Making since 1978

Comment

hey bearclaw i saw the model and i thought it looked very cool. i saw you holding it with a box talking to someone at the bear booth and snapped a pic. very good job! Funny i just realized you live in jamestown. i live in oakdale and work in sonora. small world...

Comment

thanks gray phantom . and to every body that saw me and the Lil bear thank you i worked hard on it. and mister rod lewis liked it so much he signed the top of the right wing. and even Mr taichiro. you know the guy that makes the drawings in 1/48 scale liked it so much he toke my picture with it. so now I'm going to learn how to make my own decals. and i will this time have th correct paint matches.

Comment

Did anyone get pictures?? I was so busy running around trying to accomplish whatever I could with the race planes and photos, I never saw it...
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

dont worrie today or tommrow i will post a picture. had a gear up landing with model when coming home prop ok.

Comment

I just had this really cool idea! How fun would it be for the RARA to open up a little competition for the fans at reno to build scale replicas of there favorite race plane and have them judged by the fans? The winner could get a little trophy or something. It would be a really cool way for the fans to get involved and feel like there a part of it. Wat do you guys think?

By scale i mean like really small nothing too big. Like plastic model kits or maybe balsa rc plane sized.
                    Last edited by greyphantom; 09-21-2010, 11:44 AM.

Comment

lets go for it. have many ideas for this.

Comment

so i have a question for all of you. what price would you pay on average for a decal sheet. trying to settle on a price that would make people conferable

Comment

For a one aricraft sheet I would not pay more then $10.00

Comment

PICS!!!

Comment

will try and get some up this week end had a gear up. need to fix

Comment

Regarding the scale replica air racers, I just located a 1/48 F7F Tigercat kit. My brother is gonna do one of the racers, not sure which one.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                                X