• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What da Focke??

"AMEN!", there, Rampking!!!

DBD

Comment

I just hope that the FW isn't a replay of Alan Preston entering the Flight Magic A6M Zero 15 years or so ago...with absolutely no intention of bringing it or racing it, but doing it so they could get a space in the pits to park their rv and party.

I seem to recall RARA not being too happy with that move. More than a few fans, too....

Comment

Looks like there may be plenty of extra pit stall parking available this year at Reno (-unless that gets used-up by the six P-38s IF they show up & don't get spotted down over at the east end of the ramp w/all the display aircraft)

DBD

Comment

I also hope we dont have a replay of the last luftwaffe fighter that was entered.

I hear FW-190's are much easier to land though
          Last edited by flyingjibus; 08-26-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Wasn't there another CASA there since the Beal incident? I remember Skip flew one.
            I don't care if the bronze becomes a warbird exhibition. For my part, this is the only show I get to make, presently, and the more types, the better! You can't tell me that Tom Camp ever expects the Wildcat to be competitive, but he brings it every year and runs it around the sticks and I am greatly appreciative of him for it.
            What I would like (and I am just one small voice, a tool of the univers, ah, make that "instrument" of the universe) is to see more of the warbird demo acts like in the past. Merle's Corsair, The Super Corsair, the Sea Fury smokewinder, Hoover's Mustang. Lots of other shows do it and that is not what Reno is, but heck, there are lots of people flying warbirds doing mild acro shows. Just like to see a warbird doing more than going low and fast.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I agree Leo.

I would take "The Horsemen" over a weekend with the T-birds, Angels, and Snowbirds all together.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                I agree Leo.

I would take "The Horsemen" over a weekend with the T-birds, Angels, and Snowbirds all together.
                "The Horsemen" in Tigercats

Back to the subject... I hear the FW is still having overheating problems...
                Last edited by Victor Archer; 08-26-2010, 03:55 PM. Reason: addition....
                http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

"The Horsemen" in Tigercats
                  Shwiiiiing!

I'll be happy just to see the FW fly in. Same with the P-38's. i've seen two on the course, the most I've ever seen together. So 3 or 4 just flying in the same air will make me a happy little camper.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The Horsemen really do need to put on their show at the Reno Air Races. I don't understand why they haven't been on the airshow bill there yet, as their act would be perfect for this venue-no matter what their choice of planes. Bring these guys to the air races, PLEASE!

DBD

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                      I agree Leo.

Wow, I wasn't aware of this aerobatic group.
                      I would love to see them over any of the jet-set performers!

A link for others that may not know of "The Horsemen":

BRING "THE HORSEMEN" TO RENO 2011!

Comment

What Da Focke landed in Stead. Cooling problems worked out then???

Comment

FOCKE YEAH!

Comment

Dat Focke was in a Messerschmitt I tink. Vas es loose.
                            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Wow, I'm really happy that the FW190 is at Stead now

hope to see her in the air on sunday and next week

Comment

The FW-190 looked a little shakey on the landing but is on the ramp. Big Bossmans name got translated to "El Jefe" with a new image.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Ken from PG; 09-10-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X