GO BEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GO BEAR!

Ya know Anthony, though I like the ability to follow things and bat around ideas and history that the internet brings, I would agree with you. There WAS something special about that first look at the ramp, and checking everything that flew in for new racers and familiar ones. Gave a sense of anticipation that is not quite there anymore.
    And I agree with you too Big Jim. They'll tell us what they want, when they want. I have a bunch of gedunk from various teams over the years but they owe me nothing other than the efforts they put forth racing to justify my fandom.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams View Post
      Quiet, the Bear is sleeping.

New desktop.
      Thank you Mr. Adams for posting this

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
        Not affiliated with the team here, so I am not commenting specifically...more in general, because I've been in the racing game for a long time.

THANK YOU for buying the hats, shirts, and caps and supporting your favorite race team! And I mean that from the heart. The money helps to offset the astronomical costs and sacrifices that the owners and crews put out to get in the show, and makes sponsors happy. And to be honest, when you've busted your a$$ for hours and hours on end during the off-season, or had to thrash during the race, it does lift your spirits a bit to see your 'colors' on fans in the stands. Make no mistake of the impact that that makes.

That being said...buying a shirt or a hat gives you nothing. I know that sounds harsh, but come on. This website is a great forum for sharing information with fans, participants, and the like. But it can also be a wasteland for rumors, flame-wars, and the like...and I'll be the first one to admit to stirring the pot more than once (I know Wayne, probably so many times I've lost count).

How many times has the webmaster here been asked to 'sit' on something by the primaries to control the spin on it?

As a racer, if I'm doing something in the shop, I don't want to broadcast it to the world. I don't want to let people who have no business to be there into the shop to snoop around (though, usually if someone stops by and 'asks', I'm happy to show them around an talk shop a while). I certainly don't want my competitors to know what I'm doing. And even if I'm not doing anything aside from polishing the wings for the 35th time...I at least want my competitors to THINK I'm doing something that I don't want them to see or know about.

The Rare Bear has a website: http://www.rarebear.com/

If and when the owner/crew chief/pilot/team has something that they want to say, that is most likely where they will say it. I know that with teams I've crewed on, we would try to put SOMETHING up on our website at least once a week. May not have anything to do with what modifications or changes we are making...but it at least gives people something to read about. Chance are, if we're doing something to make us more 'racy', we're not going to tell you about it, regardless of how many t-shirts or hats you've purchased (heck, there are times where guys on the TEAM may not know what's going on because of 'need-to-know' stuff). But if and when we DO decide to tell you about it, it's going to be on our terms. Its not personal...it's not that we/they don't give a rats a$$...it's just racing.

Feel free to flame away...I'm just giving the perspective from the other side.
        Didn't really need the quote...didn't really need the attitude, MOST TEAMS IN MOTORSPORTS THAT HAVE WEBSITES ie: NHRA, the dreaded NASCAR, even some of the almost forgotten drag boat racer sites have some kind of updates.

Do I want to know know the new contour on your piston domes???? How many cc's your combustion-chamber is??? "racy-stuff" most idiots wouldn't understand anyway??? NO, Pal. We can argue about being on the "other side" another day.

My presciption for you is a large Zanax...or other appropriate "chill-pill"....Jeez
        !!! Calm down.

I's done. Hadda do it.

GregS

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
          Didn't really need the quote...didn't really need the attitude, MOST TEAMS IN MOTORSPORTS THAT HAVE WEBSITES ie: NHRA, the dreaded NASCAR, even some of the almost forgotten drag boat racer sites have some kind of updates.

Do I want to know know the new contour on your piston domes???? How many cc's your combustion-chamber is??? "racy-stuff" most idiots wouldn't understand anyway??? NO, Pal. We can argue about being on the "other side" another day.

My presciption for you is a large Zanax...or other appropriate "chill-pill"....Jeez
          !!! Calm down.

I's done. Hadda do it.

GregS
          Nothing personal, GregS. You made a comment. I made a comment in reply. I just know from 25 years of my own personal experience in racing how it is from a race team perspective. I'm not saying that I'm any more right than you are. For all I know, you may have 10 times more experience on 'the other side' than I do. It doesn't really matter in the big picture. I'm just offering another perspective.

But I'd be willing to bet that if you went through the pits at Stead next month and quizzed the crew chiefs how high on their priority list a website update is, you'd get a much more cynical response than I made.

But again, as I said in my post...thank you for buying the merchandise and supporting your favorite teams.

Comment

Okay, I'm done. incredibly foolish, heck with the fan repsonses....& apparently...ah screw it.

Take me off the list Wayne.

Comment

Everybody calm down. Waynes got enough keeping this forum going. Yes most racer websites will only say what they want such as: the wings are on, the gear goes up & down, the prop goes round & round & the taxi tests were good. As for actual things going on they don't always tell the truth as "Tiger" was a pro at stories about the "Witch" & its condition. He use to say either it goes or blows. Lets all have a fun & safe races this year with a few suprises. Have a cool one.
              Lockheed Bob

Comment

"AMEN!", Bob.

"GO BEAR!"

DBD
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
                  "AMEN!", Bob.

"GO BEAR!"

DBD
                  Thanks Bucky
                  "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

It's amazing to me how entitled to information people feel after only 15 or so years of the internet being around.

Comment

Particularly considering how much of it is false, or at least skewed. But we live in a world that see's what it wants and believes 10 second sound bites.
                      If one was top post the totally false staeement that, say, they heard that "the bear fell off the jacks during gear swings", by this afternoon there would be threads stating that it "was out of the 2010 races", by people that are secretly "in the know". Such is the beast.
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                        If one was top post the totally false staeement that, say, they heard that "the bear fell off the jacks during gear swings", by this afternoon there would be threads stating that it "was out of the 2010 races", by people that are secretly "in the know". Such is the beast.
                        BEAR is out of the races? Sorry but had to be done

Comment

Sometimes you can't trust the info you get face to face. Last year early in the week I asked the Miss America crew if they were sporting a bullet. They responded; "No. Just a stocker. Nothing special." Then Sunday came and they went from the 380's to 425mph! I sat in the stands happy to have been fooled.

Comment

Working...
                          X