thought you might enjoy seeing the new start plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thought you might enjoy seeing the new start plane

I'm not sure I'm buying into the insurance/liability issue. I've paid for a ride in the B-17 and the B-24 when they've stopped by on tour, paid for an aerobatic flight in a Waco, flown air combat in an Extra with Air Combat USA, and did the Richard Petty Driving Experience... all for a few hundred bucks. And yes, there is a liability waver involved with all of them. I don't see a ride in a new top of the line business jet as a huge liability issue.

If the folks providing the Lear aren't interested or don't want to deal with the logistics, that's a different story and fully understandable.

So, if that doesn't work, how about putting a live video camera in the Lear and broadcasting the form-up and start?
    Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by JET1 View Post
      the bombardier/lear corp. may take a dim view of it.
      Keep in mind the whole reason the Lear is there is to sell airplanes. The more times the announcer says "that beautiful Lear 45" the happier Bombardier/Lear will be.

Comment

If my information is correct, the FAA and RARA only allow certified race pilots into any pace plane.. So, if that's the case.. this dream is made of pipe...
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          If my information is correct, the FAA and RARA only allow certified race pilots into any pace plane.. So, if that's the case.. this dream is made of pipe...
          Oh well, if that's the case... It was a good idea while it lasted.
          Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
            Oh well, if that's the case... It was a good idea while it lasted.
            Well... there was that year the powers that be down at Nellis decided that the demo race with T-6's and, I think Scott Germain's Lancair and Maybe Parker's TM.. would be safer if there was a "safety observer" in the back seat. We were pretty damn safe!.. Just sayin.....

I'll never forget being Tom Dwelle's rear view mirror, I mean, safety observer.. on the last lap, between observing safely, I was taking pictures and keeping an eye on the rest of the "field".... me: "and here comes Al [Goss]" Tom: "Thaanks"... as he mashed the throttle that I thought was already pretty well cobbed... even further and we "won" by a jackrabbit's tail! (I got the pic somewhere.... The last pic is the finish.. Damn that was fun!

Gonna miss Al.....
            Attached Files
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Those pictures look great, but they are only thumbs. Can you attach the full size shots?

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
                Those pictures look great, but they are only thumbs. Can you attach the full size shots?
                Whuups!

Fixed.....
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X