Howard Pardues Bearcat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howard Pardues Bearcat

Wasn't the course changed again in 2007 or 08 to soften the entry into turn 1? Was the course length adjusted? There was a definite jump in speed for several classes then.
    Last edited by Skyracer; 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. That must have been really hard.
      Last edited by DWYER; 01-20-2010, 10:05 AM.
      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
        To quote from my friend & colleague- noted air racing historian/author Gary Williams' outstanding ref. book- "UNLIMITED CLASS Air Racing Results-Volume III (1995-2009):

"This year (2003) the Reno Air Racing Assn. changed the way they time the racers. Without changing the courses they tried to assign a distance that the racers actually flew. That turned the 8.2688 miles of the Unlimited course into 8.4803 miles for the purposes of timing the racers. Starting in 2003 the speeds cannot be compared to prior years without reducing current speeds by 2.56%."

DBD
        Just remember. You guys can take the old Buick as a course qualifier. The times from a very unchanged Dreadnought have gone from the original 440's to a 462 lap last year on Sat. I don't believe I have flown any better course then Dennis, Brian or Rick for that matter. So the course for Dreadnought has yielded 20 MPH approx. What does this all mean? The first guy across the line wins period. The faster guys gain less as they are on the course for a shorter period of time. So maybe 10 for them. Penny ran a 499 when Skip was doing a 512 in Dago. the Bear is a good gauge as well. Lyles hot laps were in the high 480's so add 10. That's my humble opinion. Who knows I might be full of Sh__!!!

MJ

Comment

Worthwhile guessing, though...

I had not thought about using Buick times as a benchmark -- Thanks for that, Matt.

I still need to do up some pictures for you to see...

Neal

Comment

Working...
          X