Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FW190A & Me-109 at Duxford, England

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
    I just scaled out the photo and is it a full size 190. Strange, something about the combo of light, paintjob and photo postion makes it appear smaller then it is. Not the the 190 is a large fighter. When is someone going to make some Stuka Repro's?
    There was a group of enthusiasts here in NZ who built a full scale replica of a Stuka, unfortunately it will never fly, but it is taxiable... built in metal it looks amazing..
    unfortunately i havent got a pic to show..
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

In September this year we had a oldtimer meeting here in South-Germany. This time with many warbirds including the french 190 and 109 with the original DB engine. One display was flown with the B-17, P40, Spitfire and 190, next day also with the 109. Best sound for my opinion was the Centaurus Sea Fury, 109 and B-25.

Normally we don't have this amount of types at flight shows in Germany, so this was a very special and unforgetable weekend:
      Rata
      Mustang
      Skyraider
      B-17
      B-25
      Spitfire
      Hurricane
      Morane
      Sea Fury
      Bf 109 G
      Fw 190 A
      P-40
      Me 163
      Avenger
      Jak-11
      DC-3
      Super Constellation
      Ju-52

All footage is made at the Oldtimer-Fliegertreffen at the Hahnweide airfield in Kirchheim/Teck, Germany.

Trailer zwei der offiziellen Hahnweide Oldtimer Fliegertreffen 2009 Doppel-DVD der Fliegergruppe Wolf Hirth e.V.The second official trailer of the Hahnweide ...

Comment

Great videos & all that on grass including the jet. Quite a show.Thanks for sharing.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Here's a 5/15/09 indoor hangar pic of FW-190D-13/R11 (Werk #836017) 'Yellow 10' at Flying Heritage Collection Museum-Paine Field, Wa., that I took while enroute the Chino '09 POF Airshow.

This is same bird that was formerly one of the crown jewels of Doug Champlin's American Fighter Aces Museum in Mesa, AZ, & was briefly owned by Seattle Museum of Flight, before Paul Allen snagged it.

Who knows? - Maybe one day we'll get to see John Penney take her around the Paine Field patch during future FHC 'Fly-Days' programs... (Hey- Never say- "Never"! 'Cuz, just when ya think ya know- ya "Never" know!) I'm keepin' my fingers- 'crossed' (& all my stinky toes too!) on that big wish

DBD
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BuckyD; 01-02-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

What's the story on the ME163 that I saw in that video? I didn't know there was one flying.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
              Who knows? - Maybe one day we'll get to see John Penney take her around the Paine Field patch during future FHC 'Fly-Days' programs... (Hey- Never say- "Never"! 'Cuz, just when ya think ya know- ya "Never" know!) I'm keepin' my fingers- 'crossed' (& all my stinky toes too!) on that big wish

DBD
              I hope so too, but I wouldn't count on it. One of the docents there said that Paul Allen doesn't want to risk flight with that aircraft and that it would never fly as long as he owns it because it's too rare.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                What's the story on the ME163 that I saw in that video? I didn't know there was one flying.
                There isn't. If you are talking about the red one, it's a fiberglass replica built to approximate the look of the 163. It has no engine and is a glider only.

Comment

Working...
                X