No announcement yet.

dose any body hear have pictures of....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dose any body hear have pictures of....

Originally posted by CG51 View Post
    Randy, i have corrected so many people over the years even with the photo of the 2 airframes in the same hanger there will be people still thinking they are 1 in the same.
    Thanks for jumping in and posting the pix!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
      Thanks for jumping in and posting the pix!
      couldn't have said it better myself, it is cool to see the pics of the 2 precious metals together... one of the race encyclopedia's correct me if i am wrong but was the first precious metal not an H model P-51 or was it a D model with an H tail?
      And also if the first precious wasnt an H model, has anyone raced and H model mustang?
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

the whittington's did, and i believe still do, have a h model. (see http://www.warbirdregistry.org/p51re...1-4464415.html) they also raced it , the registry only mentions 1978 but i think it also ran sometime in the eightys. I can't remember exactly which year it was. after 30 years they are all starting to run together.
        Last edited by tow-3; 11-06-2009, 06:34 AM.
        bob burns
        ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
        "dont mess with texas"

Comment

i have video of the H model at Reno 83 but i think it also raced following that!
          "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

They did race their H model Mustang a couple different years. One year they raced it with a four blade prop, and bellied her in then rebuilt her. And one year they raced her with a five blad prop. I can't remember the exact years though. I think the year with the five blade prop was the last year. No matter what has gone on with Don and Bill, I've always been a fan and thought they were true racers. Don even did pretty well in the Indy 500!

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

78 was the year it overan the runway and groundlooped into the desert, and 83 was the year of the 5 bladed prop as I remember.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                78 was the year it overan the runway and groundlooped into the desert, and 83 was the year of the 5 bladed prop as I remember.
                Yeah, I think you're right Leo.............
                "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                X