Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i am starting my buiness so what kind of racers do you whant to see??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i am starting my buiness so what kind of racers do you whant to see??

how about some f-1s ? there is alot more racing other than just unlimiteds

Comment

For best sales counts as a start-up, I'd begin with the most popular classics, so I'd offer:

Rare Bear (with diagrams of it's various paint schemes if possible, and it's suitable for Daryl's Conquest as seen in the smithsonian with some minor work and optional cowl)

Dago Red ( with maybe paint/mod options to make a Strega or Sumthin' Else from the same kit).

White Lightning (can also make Gary's black P-38 from the same kit for side-by-side display).

Bud Light Super Corsair (pw-4360 and clipped wings of course)

Red Barron (a must-have)

Later, I'd look at really unique machines like Tsunami, Pond Racer and Gary's Miss Ashley II with it's lear wingset and countra-prop.
      Last edited by AirDOGGe; 10-27-2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Someone also needs to make a scoopless mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
          Someone also needs to make a scoopless mustang.
          That they do.

Comment

how about a mustang that never got to race Dave allanders Race 19 and Bob Love race 97. Shawn

Comment

1/32 or 1/24 scale please!

Comment

Yes please... 1/32 scale...

Comment

Larger scale models may or may not be more expensive to create and sell (larger molds, molding machines and all).

Perhaps if the 1/48 scale versions do well then he will have the resources to go larger.

BEARCLAW777, any comments on that? Would a 1/32 scale cost the same to bring to market? It seems to be a more popular size if you can. I know that when I was building model cars I prefered the larger 1/16 scale vehicles over the most common 1/24 and 1/25 scale cars.
                  Last edited by AirDOGGe; 10-30-2009, 02:03 PM.

Comment

sorry i was at my job so in response in to 1/32 maybe? but i will try 1/48 because it is essayer for me to try out on to see if it works. but for 1/72 there is high planes models and draw decals has strega in 1/72 with decals. but i am thinking about rare bear four blade prop in 1/32. fisher modes makes a resin set that has four blades that look like they are from a skyraider. and the spinner is right the cowling don't know but trumpeter makes a F8F-2 bearcat.

Comment

Been hesitant to say it but... if you do anything "Rare Bear" you will have to get permission from the owner... as they have a "Trademark" on anything that is "Rare Bear"....

We had to get Lyle's permission to include the RB on the Society of Air Race Photographers coin a few years back..

Just a thought......
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

i am in talks with the pr person for team rare bear but rod lewis liked the idea i just need to convince the pr person to give me a chance

Comment

It would probably help to show them an example of the quality of the kit to help them decide if your work is "worthy" of their acceptance. They're obviously quite proud of their bird, and don't want an inferior example floating about.

Maybe you can start with the bear kit. How do you go about it? Make a master model and then produce the molds from that?

Damn. I may have to get back into making model aircraft... Haven't done that in years since I learn computer modeling.

Comment

well my idea is to take the trussed testors/hawk bearcat cuz thats all i have right now and show them this would be a first draft then to make a final version i will try the academy kit but they are working with me i just need to convince them that it can work and take the plunge

Comment

Working...
                            X