i have a good qustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a good qustion

witch air racers past and present use the sky raider prop i have always wondered this

Re: i have a good qustion

I believe Critical Mass may have had a Skyraider prop and possibly CzechMate.

Frank C.

Comment

the planes that i am guessing are rare bear as it is no critical mass September pops and fury riff Raff ? am i missing any body?

Comment

This one for sure
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks guys any body else

Comment

i believe Darryl Greenamyer's Bearcat used a skyraider prop, i dont think czech mate uses one as the blades would have to be massively shortened, and also they look to wide in the cord of the blades
            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I think Super Corsair race #1 turned a Skyraider prop. Pretty sure.

$
              "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
              Martin Caidin

Comment

I would say that if it's got a single 4360, 3350 or 2800, then it uses a Skyraider prop. Exceptions would be Riff Raff (Ham Std) and a stock bearcat (same airfoil, I'm told, just shorter). Czech Mate had 7" (I think) cut off the Skyraider prop and the tips welded closed.

TJ

Comment

Czech Mate prop blades were from Skyraider prop on Blind Man's Bluff, bent due to a prop strike during test flight by Bill Norton before going to Reno in 87. I heard that Yancey needed a prop for the Yak, so I called him and told him I would give the blades to him, if he could shorten them, and make them work, just the tips were "curled". A side bar to this is that Roger O Day, one of the crew members had taken a blade home for a souvenir, but he gave it up willingly for Yancey's project. These blades were from one of our props that did not have the "cuffs", like later Skyraider props.

Larry

Comment

Bob told me that he cut the prop with a hack saw.

Comment

Working...
                    X