Rules of Unlimited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules of Unlimited

Ive been searching and after an hour cant find a concrete set of rules for the class . The only thing that Ive seen is that the plane must weigh 4500 pounds .

My questions are :

1) Where can I find a more detailed list of what airframes are allowed and what composites are able to be used
    2) What is the maximum engine size allowed and what power adders are allowed (turbo/supercharging/nitrous)
    3) what fuel is allowed , is it controlled ?
    4) Is water/meth injection allowed ?

Thanks

Re: Rules of Unlimited

It's UNLIMITED...OK, here's a link that might help.

Comment

The only rules are that it must be piston powered and weigh more than 4500 lbs. Reno controls the fuel, but I don't know exactly which kind it is.

Comment

Reno controls the distribution of the fuel. But you can have VP custom blend what you want for fuel. VP will then pump your custom blend into the airplane.

There used to be 115/145 and Race Blend to which the crew added MMT if a higher Performance Number was needed. When you see guys rolling the fuel drums around that was facilitate mixing after add MMT. The other option was to call Brad at VP headquarters tell him you wanted a custom blend of fuel. You could then decide how much MMT....or for that matter what % Nitromethane or propylene oxide you wanted. (And no we never used either of the aforementioned additives) Your drums were then identified for your team. Dago consumed 10-12 55 gal drums during the race week.

We used to De-fuel, and De-ADI and dump spray bar water after each heat race, then refill the airplane to the load/wt. we wanted for the next race.

Cheers, Bruce

Comment

So Nitro is allowed , puts a whole new perspective on things !

Does anyone know if the 4500 is weighed before or after the race ?

Comment

I beleive the 4500lb is a dry wieght requirement

Comment

simple:

piston powered, propeller driven minimum weight for class (i believe its 4500 lbs)

Comment

Meth injection ???!!!

Originally posted by Faust190 View Post
                4) Is water/meth injection allowed ?

Thanks
                You better not let the DEA find out that you're using meth injection, they may want to have a long talk with you!
                TomL

Comment

What about the Maximum weight for an unlimited of 14,000 lbs, if I remember right?

Comment

Thanks for the link to the rules, but perhaps I missed something. They refer to a "Prize Money Schedule". Is Prize money awarded for heat races during the week or just for finishing order of the final races in each class at the end. Are these Prize money Schedules classified?

Comment

Working...
                    X