Thunder Mustangs... A whole herd of them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thunder Mustangs... A whole herd of them

hmmmm a bearcat that size.. maybe R-1830 or R2000.. but i was also thinking.. how cool would it be to see a 3/4 bf-109G with a Falconer
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I think a Zero or FW-190 with a larger PW but not a 4360. The last FW was awful fast even with there own engine.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
        hmmmm a bearcat that size.. maybe R-1830 or R2000.. but i was also thinking.. how cool would it be to see a 3/4 bf-109G with a Falconer

Hmmm. Would you have to mod the Falconer to run inverted (pistons down), as the original V-12s were installed in the -109s?

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
          Hmmm. Would you have to mod the Falconer to run inverted (pistons down), as the original V-12s were installed in the -109s?
          It would have to have an inverted oil system, and possibly some mods to oil passages, but could be done.

Comment

Very true, the DB60x series were inverteds.. it could be done, with todays computer design and technology it would take a little bit to do, but it could be done... this thread has got me thinking about all the fighters that could be built in scale and use a falconer.. nearly all the allied inline powered fighters i even thought about a couple of twins.. the Westland whirlwind and DH mosquito would be awesome...
            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
              Very true, the DB60x series were inverteds.. it could be done, with todays computer design and technology it would take a little bit to do, but it could be done... this thread has got me thinking about all the fighters that could be built in scale and use a falconer.. nearly all the allied inline powered fighters i even thought about a couple of twins.. the Westland whirlwind and DH mosquito would be awesome...
              How bout a twin Falconer powered P-38?

Comment

No comments from anyone about using a TM to break Bear's time to climb record? I think it could be done.

Comment

I guess nobody cares about time to climb records....

Comment

Oh we care,just working on 1 record at a time...Who knows what the future holds

And the p-38 idea is awesome,I want a p-82 first!!!
                    Jim Adams
                    Blue Thunder 2 crew
                    Picabo race 51 crew
                    Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Working...
                    X