Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Big Bossman, Sept Fury, & Sept Props?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happened to Big Bossman, Sept Fury, & Sept Props?

Originally posted by doubleup View Post
    I think their focus, at least in Stead, will be on the concept racer. From what I was told they were planning to start working on it in a month or so.

From what I have heard September Fury is going stock?
    Stock would be a Bristol Centaurus engine?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Centaurus

The Wright Cyclone R3350 is the most popular powerplant for the Sea Fury today.
    It also powers Rare Bear.
    Last edited by mgbf4u; 10-03-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

First let me say that although I am on the Rare Bear team I don't have any first hand knowledge of Mr. Lewis's plans for Sept. Fury. So I'm not speaking for him or the team. But I suspect that if someone wanted to purchase it as is, airframe in race condition, engineslightly disassembled, he would probably entertain the offers. But if you think about it, there is a bigger market for stock Sea Furys, then there is for race ready Furys. And if it's just going to sit collecting dust in the corner...... well that doesn't do anyone any good.

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER View Post
        I know what you mean... but, there had to be a good reason why Mike Brown had to sell all three of his race planes.
        Without trying to step on toes, and without disrespecting the success and contributions he made to the sport over the last 10 years, if you ask anyone who worked for/with Mr. Brown you will get the same answer....that he was somewhat eccentric, a little bit on the 'easily distracted' side, and had a tendency to flip-flop on many things--including what he wanted to do with air racing--from moment to moment....and that made him difficult to work for.

I know several individuals who were part of the team, and to a person they all have similar 'feelings'.

Everything I heard was just that the money he was spending wasn't worth the return he was getting, and the impulse was to just get out.

Comment

Working...
        X