Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Bear has flown

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Just to jump in here.. I've been told about some wildly inaccurate information being posted elsewhere buy "someone".. "axe to grind" might be an apt term here, as this particular individual thinks he should be working on the bear and he is, thankfully, not..

So.. please.. when you read "elsewhere" that "anything" has happened to the bear.. temper your judgement until you read stuff from folks who actually are even in the same state as the bear..

Juusssssst sayin..
    I understand your concern Wayne. I actually posted something that actually happened and was confirmed to me. If otherwise, I wouldn't do so. No harm in that now is there.

Comment

Originally posted by BJH View Post
      I understand your concern Wayne. I actually posted something that actually happened and was confirmed to me. If otherwise, I wouldn't do so. No harm in that now is there.
      BJH,

Thank you for understanding the concern. Even though you posted something confirmed to you, the info you provided was open to a lot of speculation.
      Speculation could lead to a lot of undo worry and concern to family and personal friends that are not there to know first hand exactly what is happening. Here at AAFO, we have several team families that read the forums to keep up to date.
      We dont mind you posting Mayday info. but please keep in mind to post all the info with it.
      the one exception we do ask though. If for some reason the the situation progresses to a misshap. Please do not post any info until the authorities can make all the proper contacts be made and informed.

thank you
      wolfee

Comment

So would they like to refute and clarify what is so wildly inaccurate?

Comment

What's so innacurate about what he said? Penny did call a mayday on the first flight did he not?
          CFI/CFII/MEI
          www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
          www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

I am hesitant to get involved in this as I am stuck behind a desk in Ohio, but I think there may be a misunderstanding regarding what Wayne was referring to.

There are some posts by an individual on another forum ("elsewhere") that say the engine was overheated in the ground tests a few days back due foaming in the oil tank. The rumor was that the engine damage was substantial enough that the team was done. This *may* be what Wayne was referring to. I do not think Wayne was singling out BJH, I think it was directed at a certain individual "elsewhere" and had nothing to do with the postings of the mayday.

At this time some of those comments do seem pretty inaccurate, as they were posted before it flew, and it has flown three flights with progressive success so far.

As far as the team refuting or clarifying any information posted on the web, I assume they are a bit busy trying to make the show right now

I hope this keeps the peace until Wayne can elaborate more if he feels he needs to. Just trying to ensure that people keep posting what is going on for those of us unable to be there
            Last edited by glider90; 09-15-2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I realize we're all pretty much like kids this time of year, but if everyone who has posted on this thread will try to quickly grow up just one notch (and maybe relax a notch), everything will be fine.
              _________
              -Matt
              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

This is why I just try to hold my tongue and just lerk.
                My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by BJH View Post
                  I wasn't truly reacting to your post, I'd read something someone posted elsewhere that was really off the wall and was just spewing in reaction to the absolute bullshirt post that I'd read elsewhere..

As always, I like to keep the negative "speculation" to a dull roar, here, but sometimes, I see things on the net that just send me over the edge...

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat View Post
                    So would they like to refute and clarify what is so wildly inaccurate?
                    Well, I think that the fact they are flying and, however slow it might be, posted a qual time speaks for itself..

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One more day and I am HEADING TO RENO!! So so so so glad to hear the Bear is moving. Thanks to all who have kept us all posted on here with up[dates and pics......... Much needed!!! I got my morning dose!!
                      Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        I wasn't truly reacting to your post, I'd read something someone posted elsewhere that was really off the wall and was just spewing in reaction to the absolute bullshirt post that I'd read elsewhere..

As always, I like to keep the negative "speculation" to a dull roar, here, but sometimes, I see things on the net that just send me over the edge...

Understood.

Comment

Working...
                        X