X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pics from this afternoon at stead

Originally posted by CptGrass View Post
    Hello,

Maybe not the right topic, but I've seen you guys have a lot experience with visiting the Reno airraces. Well for me it will be the first time ever and all the way from the Netherlands.
    I was wondering if it's possible to get close to one of the pylons and which one is most spectaculair?
    We'll be there 18-19-20 Sept, so I would like to make some pics and footage from grandstands aswell as one of the pylons.

As far as I know, you have to be shooting pics for the media to get access to the infield. Spectators are not allowed beyond the deadline in front of the stands/pits.

Else, we'd ALL be out there piled up 3 or 4 high around the pylons, shooting photographs for our own collections, and the grandstands would be empty.

Even the prime location outside of the fences have been closed off in recent years (the land-owner's decision), so the stands and pits are the sole shooting locations for fans.

If you know the right people, you MIGHT be able to get out there in special cases, but that's very unlikely for the majority of us.

Wayne should be able to provide more informative (and more accurate) info on the topic...

Enjoy the races...I know you will!

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-13-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X