New racer for Reno...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New racer for Reno...?

I think a late Spit could go pretty well. Powered with a Griffon, with the radiators shaved for a boil off, could be quick. I know the late ones such as a Mk 14 was alleged to go 450+ in stock form. The late Seafires such as the Mk 46/47s were in the same range as well. If they could do that in stock form, with a little cleaning up, they could be onto something.

Will

Comment

It would be interesting to see...the Spit is flying in fairly large numbers so maybe someone would pony up the dough to try it...but with a recent sale of a Spit at a Bonhams auction reaching nearly 3 million dollars it may be cheaper to make two or three September Fury clones !!!

Comment

Unfortunately the Spitfire 22 in this thread will never be seen in Reno.

Found it on a modeling forum. They even came up with a couple of alternative schemes.

And here is a Mk. XII which came from a different poster.

T J

Comment

I like the green scheme the best.
          Tony

Comment

That might make me dig out my model stuff again
            Russ
            Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
              I think a late Spit could go pretty well. Powered with a Griffon, with the radiators shaved for a boil off, could be quick. ...Will
              Hmmm, yeah - thought I had drawn one up a couple years ago:

Cut down canopy with turtledeck, boil off cooling, general clean-up. Always liked that dark yellow used on the prototypes and figured that on the underside with a dark/light blue camo topside in the standard RAF pattern would make a nice paint job.

cheers
              Low
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X