What if 20 instead of 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What if 20 instead of 10

Making the race longer will do nothing to conserve engine parts Yeah they might poke around for the first 17 laps but when it comes down to the end of the race everyone is still going to give it everything they got.

If anything, making the race longer will result in more engine damage. IMHO They will all start off slow and gradually creep the speeds up. Planes that can't keep up will be forced to run wide open the majority of the race.

Bryan

Comment

I don't think I could take it for 20 laps little alone the aircraft or pilots. You can tell a race horse to trot however once it sees the track they only know one speed.
      Last edited by eldon2101; 03-04-2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Unlimited hydros used to run much longer races also, but they shortened them to increase spectator interest and have at least a few boats running at the end. To me a 20+ lap air race would be terminally boring (and I'd have to go pee before it was over).

How many spectators watch an Olympic marathon vs. the number watching a 100M dash?
        Last edited by Skyracer; 03-04-2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

May be a good reason, the spectators interest would decay.
          I thought that with 15 or 20 laps the faster racers would slow down a bit and you get a more packed bunch of them going around the 400 mph during the major part of the race,... and not only one or two well ahead and the rest of the contenders spread one lap behind ( just to paint the scene).

Comment

Working...
          X