Reno 2008 - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno 2008 - Thursday

"BRAVO!", Jarrod! Excellent photography, there.

My two favorites are the crewman working atop the stepladder on P-51D -AMERICAN BEAUTY's Merlin motor, and the close-cropped sunset canopy turtledeck fwd to nose shot of SEPT. FURY (great depth-of-field on both shots).

Not enough REALLY-GOOD close-cropped photo compositions (using depth-of-field to best advantage) seen like these today.

Way back during my school days, in design & illustration class they taught us to better compose (& 'see') by using opposing 90-deg. 'L'-bars (or your index fingers & thumbs as substitutes) to sample composition options. That little exercise opened up a huge new world of scrutiny & creative thinking for setting up art & photo composition work.

Your shots reminded me to go back to early photo fundamentals more to restore more variety in my shooting. Easy to get hung-up on- 'trying-to-get-the-whole-airplane-into-the-picture' most of the time...

I enjoy seeing close-cropped airplane compositions (flying & on the ground) posted by the many outstanding photographers here on this site. Jarrod, your c-c comps have a wonderful artistic flair that I enjoyed seeing very much. Big Thanks, for sharing these & look forward to more of your work.

DBD

Comment

Working...
    X