Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sponsorship - Will this effect turnout this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sponsorship - Will this effect turnout this year?

Wayne and all, I have been helping F1 "Dancing Queen" a little bit the last couple of years, and the group decided that to hell with the "doom and gloom",regarding the economy, we are going to be at Reno 09, and are spending what is needed to build a fresh engine and do some aero work on the Cassutt. I don't have much $ wise, but I am donating my time assembling the engine, and anything else I can do to help. I wish it was an Unlimited, but at least we will do what we can to add to the show with the F1. "DQ" ran second in the silver last year, maybe we can win it in 09. We may be among others surviving on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches there, but we'll be ready to race.

Larry

Comment

Easy with the Peanut Butter, Mr Burton!!

Comment

lol!

Originally posted by Dave65882 View Post
        As i was watching my 401K go by by, I had the dreadful thought that given current economic times, will the sponsorship a lot of the crews depend on to race dry up for this year and beyond? Has anyone heard from the crews how this is going and if it is going to have an impact on this year's racing? I know one sponsor for Stu's planes went out of business, as Mountain Family RV closed up shop late last year.

We might have to get the grass roots sponsorships going again like the ones that put the Bear in the air a few times.

I 'think' (i could be wrong but I doubt it) that Rod has enough money to race most of his planes at Reno...at the same time! The other day he gave God a bail out loan to help the ailing economy in heaven!

Comment

Very valid points Wayne, and I do have a degree in economics It goes back the age old question, why do banks fail, you think your money is no longer safe, you go get it out, tell your friend, he does the same thing, before ya know it the bank runs out of money. The bank could be 100% fine, but no bank has 100% liquidity, and poof, gone.......

Also agree on the news aspect....information drives decisions, always has and always will, and now we hear about it more and more. That said, history has shown these times will always come and always pass (unless your civilization falls, and we are not there yet)......Issue is a lot of good pople suffer in the process.

BTW, last time I checked this is your board, so post away amigo In the mean time tell the Bear folks to get their stuff back online for sale so i can buy some stuff and support the economy and my favorite race team at the same time

Comment

Bluffman quote "We'll be ready to race"

That's the spirit we need!

Dancing Queen just became my favorite F1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave65882 View Post
              <snip>the Bear folks to get their stuff back online for sale so i can buy some stuff and support the economy and my favorite race team at the same time
              Just had a conversation with Alby today, Charlie (Tuna Graphics) is going to be making some great new stuff and we are going to be opening the store, hopefully, soon.

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X