Furias - New Owner - Pilot - Crew - Crew Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Furias - New Owner - Pilot - Crew - Crew Chief

I once asked Daryl Greenamyer why the 4360 was his choice for his race plane. He said " they don't make a 8720" Just the biggest with the most horsepower. I have flown behind most everything out there. The 4360 by far has been the best ride for power and smooth!!!!!!! Just stand back and watch how this thing goes when the boys get done. It should really go.

Comment

I love that The Boys are current and qualified on the sea fury airframe right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
        I once asked Daryl Greenamyer why the 4360 was his choice for his race plane. He said " they don't make a 8720" Just the biggest with the most horsepower. I have flown behind most everything out there. The 4360 by far has been the best ride for power and smooth!!!!!!! Just stand back and watch how this thing goes when the boys get done. It should really go.
        Congrats Matt. I can't wait to see you and the new improved bird on the course. You fly one of the best lines in the business.
        Bill Garnett
        InterstellarDust
        Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Sweet!! Thanks for putting this back up Wayne. Looking forward to all progress reports. Love the sound of the roaring Whoosh a 4360 makes!
          "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

BIG CONGRATS to my friend- Chuck Greenhill (fellow Lane Tech H.S. alumni & lover/restorer of Grumman amphibs) for stepping up as new owner of Super Sea Fury - FURIAS, & aspiring to complete her development as an Unlimited Gold Champion racer.

You certainly picked a winning combination of talent for the heart of your race team crew! Very BEST of Luck to you- Chuck, Matt, Kerch, Mike, Al, Dave, Ray & everyone at Sanders Aviation on your great endeavour to turn the bride's maid into the bride.

DBD

Comment

So, will the team have a website? I am thrilled to hear the news. Not only will there be another 4360 powered Sea Fury going around the pylons, but Kerch will be putting her together. As an engineer, I'm a fan of whatever he's working on. Since 232 is not in the plans, it sounds like I'm a Furias fan! Woo hoo!

I just hope they have cool t-shirts like the Dago team did last year. Maybe then, I'll finally be able to buy myself an air racing t-shirt. (hint, hint)

Best of luck to the whole Furias team. I can't wait to see you all in September!

Comment

Yes theweb site will be back up in full form soon. The details are being worked out right now on product lines. All money including any winnings will go toward charity. Mr. Greenhill has insisted on that.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
                  All money including any winnings will go toward charity. Mr. Greenhill has insisted on that.

MJ
                  Well, that's just about the coolest thing I've ever heard. That's just good karma.

Comment

Working...
                  X