• Show
Clear All

Re: Sea Fury

She is in the shop for a rebuild......

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta
      Poor thing. It looks like it suffered some major damage.

Anyone care to guess how much it will cost and how long it will take to repair?

What caused the accident other than the impact with the ground?

Comment

Seriously....Who writes this stuff? Sounds like a political campaign!......

"While on final for runway 14, the engine quit. The pilot had to maneuver away from the instrument landing system (ILS) during the forced landing. The airplane came to rest short of runway 32."

Glad the airplane is repairable! More IMPORTANT, the pilot is!!!!!!

dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker Driver
          She is in the shop for a rebuild......

Lynn
          Not quit yet, awaiting a decision on what to do with it.
          Last edited by steve D; 10-15-2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

The Fury has gone home to Texas, and the Carb, the Mags, and a few other pieces have been sent in to be looked at. The engine quit while on downwind to 14. The pilot did everything he could to get it restarted, but it never even coughed.

LP

Comment

Originally posted by daveflyshi
              http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...17X01486&key=1

Seriously....Who writes this stuff? Sounds like a political campaign!......
              One thing about NTSB prelims and reports. This is a preliminary statement issued shortly after the incident. They are listed in basic facts (as facts are reported) and do not speculate. In this case, it's a basic summary, which says what happened. Engine quit while pilot was maneuvering to land, had to avoid an ILS antenna in the landing path, aircraft hurt.

Michael

Comment

Got all that......But 14 or 32? Add approach end or departure end and the number and you get a different picture. You state the truth, the prilims are supposed to be factual only. However......They failed in this report!

dave

Comment

Got all that......But 14 or 32? Add approach end or departure end and the number and you get a different picture. You state the truth, the prilims are supposed to be factual only. However......They failed in this report!

dave
                  All valid points. I wasn't sure where you were going with it.

They also have a nice disclaimer that states (for good reason) "This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed."

My understanding is that they are supposed to get a prelim into the system in a reasonable time, as was done here.

Michael

Comment

No argument from me about that....however....seems like reasonable amount of time might include a BRIEF glance to ensure no typos. Soooo.....I was led to believe the plane was oriented in a southerly direction....IS that true? Or, are we talking another Lemon Valley casuality?

dave

Comment

No argument from me about that....however....seems like reasonable amount of time might include a BRIEF glance to ensure no typos. Soooo.....I was led to believe the plane was oriented in a southerly direction....IS that true? Or, are we talking another Lemon Valley casuality?

dave
                      I was not there and have no involvement, nor do I care to speculate. As far as I am concerned, the NTSB lists the facts. That is; the airplane had a problem and unfortunately ended up in the dirt, luckily with no casualties. The rest doesn't matter to anyone other than the involved parties.

Michael
                      Last edited by Mluvara; 10-15-2008, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Guess I have opened my own can of worms....Meant only that the "factual" data was completely flawed in this NTSB prelim report. Sorry to the political references....thought everyone was wondering how this way and that way can be the same....perhaps I am just.......

Like I previously stated, glad the plane is repairable, more GLAD the pilot is safe!

dave

Comment

Aren't the ILS antenna's and other such things made to breakaway? So as to cause less damage in the event of such emergencies? This area is somewhat new to me. I'll stop by the flight standards office in the morning and inquire about that. My brain seeks more input.

LP

Comment

Working...
                          X