what happend to cloud dancer

Comment

Re: Precious Metal????

Originally posted by Dave65882
        what happend to cloud dancer
        Was making metal before it left FL.
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim
          After some severe controversy last year, the owner/pilot was 'uninvited' from the event, and asked to leave.

Understandably, the owner/pilot's attitude after getting jerked around and given three different 'reasons' over the course of two days as to 'why', decided that he was done racing and has retired. The airplane is in storage in Florida, and last I heard was for sale.

Jim
          I'm not sure this is true, especially since Ron announced that he was going to race one more time and then sell the airplane. I personally know someone who was trying to buy it BEFORE RENO '07, as he had discussed this with Ron in June...

So I'm not sure where you got your information but I do not believe it to be true.

Wayne Sagar
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Off the national enquirer type drama and on to the performance end of the equation, what kind of mph numbers might we see if PM flew on course?

Comment

What she's capable of ,and what she 's actually flown are two different scenarios.

One might look at the Red Barron, another Rolls Royce Griffon powered
              , modified airframe Mustang, with contra-rotating propellers for comparison.

The RB was flown pretty aggressivly, and recorded speeds in the 480's if my memory is correct. It also held the 1k Speed record at 499mph.

P/M on the other hand was flown far less aggressivly, and competed in the "Silver" catagory, even with the potential to race in the Gold.

I cant remember the speeds..... maybe the 430's? I'm sure someone will chime in.

Its a beautiful aircraft, I get a surprizing amount of comments from strangers who actually know the plane when I wear my Flo- Green embroidered Golf Shirt in public.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                I'm not sure this is true, especially since Ron announced that he was going to race one more time and then sell the airplane. I personally know someone who was trying to buy it BEFORE RENO '07, as he had discussed this with Ron in June...

So I'm not sure where you got your information but I do not believe it to be true.

Wayne Sagar
                I asked my insider this weekend and he hadn't heard of the Ron being told to pack up and leave by RARA because of comments in the media story. This insider is in the warbird business and would know about that.

John

Comment

I don't know a thing at all.....but stumbled across interesting reading/rants mostly at ***************.com. Using an "overview" oultook....sumpin' stinks.

Wow even more interesting...after checking before posting, I see the above news source is "electronically unavailable" on this site. Hmmm. Google PM status updates...

GregS

Comment

Nevermind.....
                    Last edited by DWYER; 09-16-2008, 10:26 AM.
                    My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Man, I miss the Red Baron. Saw her first at the Mojave 500, and fell in love.

Comment

Working...
                      X