Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Dreadnought Updates?

Hey Matt,
    Sorry to hear your going to be watching the races from the pitts this year!
    .....but on the other hand, glad to hear you & the flying machine are safe and will be able to return for a better day! Catching a problem like that early is a real blessing!

Next time your in town, I'm ready to go grab a cold one if you are.

Dave
    (AeroTech Precision welding, Rockford Ill.)

Comment

Hey Matt,
      Sorry to hear your going to be watching the races from the pitts this year!
      .....but on the other hand, glad to hear you & the flying machine are safe and will be able to return for a better day! Catching a problem like that early is a real blessing!

Next time your in town, I'm ready to go grab a cold one if you are.

Dave
      (AeroTech Precision welding, Rockford Ill.)

Comment

Hey Dave, Nice to hear from you. I should be in Rockford in a couple weeks at Marks. Lets get together then.

Matt

Comment

Hey Matt,
          Do you know what date(s) you will be in Rockford?

Dave.
          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
            Yes, The bad news is true. The mighty Dreadnought is out for 08. We apparently suffered a bearing failure somewhere in the engine. It appears the engine is not trashed and we elected to stop now before any further damage is done. The plane performed flawlessly during qualifying and gave no indications of problems. In fact, the old war horse qualified faster then it ever has by 5 MPH. We were shocked to see the metal in the screens. Good luck to all the racers and hope to see you next year with a healthy Dreadnought. This should be a hell of a year with all the hot rods in the line up less one.

Matt J
            Matt, just getting round to reading last week's posts... Would like to thank you for your participation here! Sorry I did not get a chance to look you up.. I'm here for 10 days, it always seems long but it's never long enough. .

Thanks again and sorry for the disappointing week for you and your team!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Just stumbled in the door. Had a great week considering all the issues. Planes are safe and repairable however. They both will be back next year ready to rock as usual. Thanks for all the kind words and support. Tiger had a great race. Dan Martin flew a perfect line in Dago. Its good to see Tiger go out a winner. See you all next year. Its been a previlage to work with all these great race pilots and their machines.

Matt J

Comment

Working...
              X