Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some qual. times are up!

Originally posted by King
    Bear is cutting it WAY to close this year.
    I agree, its almost a saftey issue now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
      I agree, its almost a saftey issue now.
      Cornell will NEVER OK the airplane to compete if it's not ready and the FAA is requiring that they fly off 2.5 hrs successfully before they will be allowed to race..

Cutting it close.. YES

Cutting it unsafe... never!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Dont count the Bear till you know who is singing. And make no mistake that they will not compromise on safety.

LP

Comment

Why is it being cut so close? The team had the whole year plus the $$$ to make it happen. If it was my money being spent I would be very unhappy if the plane didn't qualify, especially if the last week was spent making her look purdy instead of making her growl.

Comment

Dago... The Ramp rumor of the day is that they ONLY used 100"MP
            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
              Cornell will NEVER OK the airplane to compete if it's not ready and the FAA is requiring that they fly off 2.5 hrs successfully before they will be allowed to race..

Cutting it close.. YES

Cutting it unsafe... never!

I didnt mean that they would fly an unsafe plane, what I meant is, if the plane isnt ready they wont fly.

But last year, they ran close to the wire also. Go Bear!

Comment

I kinda wanted to ask that question but figured it was loaded, so I avoided. But honestly I cant help but be a bit amazed. A long time race team and they still cant seem to get the bugs worked out until last min or even during the race weekend. I cant understand why a new ignition system would be installed a couple days before qualifying. The list could go on but every team was more or less prepared. Bear seems to be grossly behind.

Given I am not a Crew Chief or on a Race team to know the ins and outs. But I do know about prepping aircraft for competition and the process, I am not trying to pretend to know how hard Bear's team works because I know they work very very hard. I am wondering if the leadership isnt as affective as it should be.
                CFI/CFII/MEI
                www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                  Wow. If true, it's certainly a testament to the crew, engine builder, airframe, and a terrific pilot. GO DAGO!!!
                  ...keeping merlin fingers crossed...
                  Jeff
                  Last edited by Wingnut; 09-08-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    Ahh.. beat me to it. Just got word from Dago team...

"Dago qualified 474+ just ahead of Sept Fury. Still have the Bear and Strega to wait on. We will see how it all plays out."

Bear still has problems...

tick tick tick
                    Wayne, you left out Czech Mate. That beast has been sounding MEAN zooming around the pylons. Here's to hoping the best for the little racer that could.
                    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                    My Photos
                    My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                      congrats to Dan Martin and Mike Barrow and the rest of the Dago team.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                        Wayne, you left out Czech Mate. That beast has been sounding MEAN zooming around the pylons. Here's to hoping the best for the little racer that could.
                        note " " those were not my words..
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Inverted
                          I kinda wanted to ask that question but figured it was loaded, so I avoided. But honestly I cant help but be a bit amazed. A long time race team and they still cant seem to get the bugs worked out until last min or even during the race weekend. I cant understand why a new ignition system would be installed a couple days before qualifying. The list could go on but every team was more or less prepared. Bear seems to be grossly behind.

Given I am not a Crew Chief or on a Race team to know the ins and outs. But I do know about prepping aircraft for competition and the process, I am not trying to pretend to know how hard Bear's team works because I know they work very very hard. I am wondering if the leadership isnt as affective as it should be.
                          That could be a long and complicated answer...best left to Dave Cornell to answer. But nothing is as simple as it seems.

LP

Comment

Originally posted by Lance
                            Why is it being cut so close? The team had the whole year plus the $$$ to make it happen. If it was my money being spent I would be very unhappy if the plane didn't qualify, especially if the last week was spent making her look purdy instead of making her growl.
                            Don't take this the wrong way (and I can relate to your frustration) but I think you should do a little more homework before asking this question, especially in such an oversimplified fashion.
                            _________
                            -Matt
                            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

What kind of problems is Bear having?

Comment

Looks like Bear got a fairly extensive Airframe and Engine overhaul this year. Corrected some old issues.

I suspect they will be well caught up on Heavy Maintenance for the long-term. This should be the best news of all for race fans.
                                Tom Johnson,
                                Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                                www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

Working...
                                X