Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Dago Red has been.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Official: Dago Red has been.........

Wayne says he "thinks"... snicker snicker...
    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
      LOL... he said SNICKERS!!!!!

DOGPILE ON EARL... HE'S GOT CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        LOL... he said SNICKERS!!!!!

DOGPILE ON EARL... HE'S GOT CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catch me first....
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
          Wayne knew 2 months ago... I asked him to keep it quiet - and he did. There are stand-up people out there who know how to keep secrets... then there are national inquire want-to-bee's who just love to hear their gums flap. Funny that even though I walked away from this scene some 6 years ago - the same childish BS is still occuring. Is it any wonder no one "in the know" is talking much... and why the really cool news is seldom seen or heard of anymore. Think about it
          Mark K....

Comment

Ain't that the truth. Heck, I didn't know about the P-61 resto till two days ago! I stumbled across it in the links section of a rod & custom shop while looking for ideas for my next project. It looks like it's been going on for years now. Fascinating story.

"And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
              Wayne knew 2 months ago... I asked him to keep it quiet - and he did. There are stand-up people out there who know how to keep secrets... then there are national inquire want-to-bee's who just love to hear their gums flap. Funny that even though I walked away from this scene some 6 years ago - the same childish BS is still occuring. Is it any wonder no one "in the know" is talking much... and why the really cool news is seldom seen or heard of anymore. Think about it
              I Hear's ya Markers... big time.. In this case tho... I think 'ol Earl was pullin' my chain to make light....

THANKS for keeping me in the loop on the Dago thing! Felt good to know what was comin, even if I hadda keep my trap shut!

And to anyone Cobra knows.. He NEVER actually DID tell me WHO!

Talk about keepin' a secret!!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I enjoy every comment from Mark as well.

In fact the data Mark has been contributing before 6 years ago was so accurate that it was almost scary...as Cobra was able to predict what AC will suffer inflight mishap before it actually happened..just by knowing what the crew was doing in the pits prior to the flight and what kinda spares they were using.

Anyway I also agree;...the gum flapping National Enquirer types are not very encouraging...hope I am not one them.
                Last edited by First time Juke; 08-28-2008, 12:45 AM.
                http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Juke
                  I enjoy every comment from Mark as well.
                  I hear ya there Juke! Mark's a treasure, actually.. all we gotta do is get him back into the racing! As it is now, you guys have no idea how much he does in the background.. lots of stuff you see has his .... err.. "mark"...

Mebbie next year!

G'night now.. been at the computer for about 8 days straight... night AND day... gotta give my eyes a rest and the BeerNazi a back rub!!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                    Wayne knew 2 months ago... I asked him to keep it quiet - and he did. There are stand-up people out there who know how to keep secrets... then there are national inquire want-to-bee's who just love to hear their gums flap.
                    I'm a little confused then. If they trusted their secret to you why did start this thread, give those of us who are not in the loop just enough to pique our interest, and then walk away? Did you expect us to wait patiently and talk about the color of the spinner while we waited for you to tell us the whole story? That's how rumors start.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance
                      why did start this thread, give those of us who are not in the loop just enough to pique our interest,.
                      Because, Lance, that's THEATER
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                        See what I get for getting up early to take out the garbage?THEATER
                        So garbage day on the penninsula is Thursday? OK guys, now we know what day to go by Wayne's and dive for secrets.

Comment

Originally posted by hm66sk
                          Color coded bumpers and monochromatic paint jobs died on cars in the 80's. I think the polished spinner makes the rest of the paint job "pop".
                          Two votes for polished spinner from us!!
                          My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                            So garbage day on the penninsula is Thursday? OK guys, now we know what day to go by Wayne's and dive for secrets.
                            Now Jim.. not supposed to respond to portions of posts that I think better of and edit out my rant... I KNOW you KNOW about keepng secrets...

Originally posted by hm66sk
                            Color coded bumpers and monochromatic paint jobs died on cars in the 80's. I think the polished spinner makes the rest of the paint job "pop".
                            Ummn.. presently at BeerNazi's... as I took out the Garbage, happened to notice her BLUE car with BLUE bumpers and the 60's car down the street with MULTIPLE paint colors and CHROME bumpers....

But what do I know...

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Lance
                              I'm a little confused then. If they trusted their secret to you why did start this thread, give those of us who are not in the loop just enough to pique our interest, and then walk away? Did you expect us to wait patiently and talk about the color of the spinner while we waited for you to tell us the whole story? That's how rumors start.
                              Lance - I started this thread because I was asked to let it be known that Dago Red was sold... so the former owner would not continue to be getting phone calls inquiring about it. It was a little wierd... the plane was up for sale for these last few years and all of a sudden - it was like a weekly occurance where someone was calling about the plane... and not always at an opportune time.

Anyway - tell you what. Let me call Ryan and see if he's up for an interview by Mr Wayners so the whole story can be told and the rumors end.
                              Mark K....

Comment

I knew about the deal before PRS and never said a word... Now I would like to get one of those little gold stars... you know, like you got when you were in elementary school....

On a more realistic note: I thought the prop and spinner (the current set) was Dan's? Still is? Is no longer?? Never was??? Just curious... Might be an answer to the return of the chrome spinner - or not...

At any rate I'm glad it went where it is now, the other interested party wanted to turn it into a TF

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X