X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got Balls?

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
    Lance,
    A properly designed Pressure cowl with augmented exhaust will actually suck the air in through that space, so more than enuogh space. as to the original question got balls,

At one point we w'ere having extended power runs with Rare Bear and I was standing at the gear leg on the tow bar lug, holding a water hose on the oil cooler inlet that was tie wrapped to the gear leg but needed direction into the inlet at about 28 Inches of manifold pressure the suction from the back side of the propeller started pulling hard enough for me to have to fight it at about thirty inches the tail started to rise off the ground to the point that it was bouncing against the force of the elevator holding it down for about five mintues I thought I was going to sucked forward. The next run we chained the tail down, and tied a rope around the strut and myself.
    Talk about cajones, how far away are you from the that prop? A couple of feet? Hard to imagine all the different forces at play in an environment like that.

Comment

At one point we w'ere having extended power runs with Rare Bear and I was standing at the gear leg on the tow bar lug, holding a water hose on the oil cooler inlet that was tie wrapped to the gear leg but needed direction into the inlet at about 28 Inches of manifold pressure the suction from the back side of the propeller started pulling hard enough for me to have to fight it at about thirty inches the tail started to rise off the ground to the point that it was bouncing against the force of the elevator holding it down for about five mintues I thought I was going to sucked forward. The next run we chained the tail down, and tied a rope around the strut and myself.
      , thanks for sharing that!
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
        , thanks for sharing that!
        No Kidding!!!
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by dxlyj
          Is it my imagination, or is a red shop rag getting picked up by the prop?
          It's stuck to the radiator outlet. Almost looked as if it was there on purpose, but I don't know.
          No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
          http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Lance,
            A properly designed Pressure cowl with augmented exhaust will actually suck the air in through that space, so more than enuogh space. as to the original question got balls,

these are the bits of information that gets me to come to this place!
            what would it take to get you to do some kind of running column kinda like bluffmans?
            Todd Smith

Comment

Originally posted by thunderstangfan
              these are the bits of information that gets me to come to this place!
              what would it take to get you to do some kind of running column kinda like bluffmans?
              I advocate a forum the evening after qualifying is complete, that we all can attend, featuring race pilots, crew chiefs, officials, etc. for a Q/A session ala NASCAR. John Slack/Wayne/Scottie would be admirabile Moderators. I'm sure I could round up enough Checkered Flag Club "Volunteers" to stage it. Some Bright Soul could transcribe it and Post it...D.

Comment

Originally posted by David E. Wells
                I advocate a forum the evening after qualifying is complete, that we all can attend, featuring race pilots, crew chiefs, officials, etc. for a Q/A session ala NASCAR. John Slack/Wayne/Scottie would be admirabile Moderators. I'm sure I could round up enough Checkered Flag Club "Volunteers" to stage it. Some Bright Soul could transcribe it and Post it...D.
                David,
                Great idea But John Slack's wife has told me he would be too abrasive to allow to be on an open mic in a forum. especially to moderate one.
                John Slack

Comment

Excellent idea David. Anybody got RARA's ear that could get this going? It would be great for the fans.

Comment

David,
                    Great idea But John Slack's wife has told me he would be too abrasive to allow to be on an open mic in a forum. especially to moderate one.
                    That's why I think you would be Great, but I do like the Kinder, Gentler Slack...D.

Comment

That's why I think you would be Great, but I do like the Kinder, Gentler Slack...D.
                      In order to get the "the Kinder, Gentler Slack" you need to have Da'Doc and the auto-mute feature nearby, otherwise he'll just go off
                      John Slack

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with Slack's wife, and I've known the man longer than she has, LOL...

I kinda like the "column" idea. I've enjoyed where some of our discussions have gone with John's responses to some of my photos in the past.

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
                          I'm inclined to agree with Slack's wife, and I've known the man longer than she has, LOL...

I kinda like the "column" idea. I've enjoyed where some of our discussions have gone with John's responses to some of my photos in the past.

Neal
                          Thank you Neal, I shouldn't be allowed to moderate anything, people would start throwing rolls.
                          John Slack

Comment

In order to get the "the Kinder, Gentler Slack" you need to have Da'Doc and the auto-mute feature nearby, otherwise he'll just go off
                            It'd be better than having you in the audience...D.

Comment

Thank you Neal, I shouldn't be allowed to moderate anything, people would start throwing rolls.
                              Holy smoke!!!!!, I remember an awards banquet many moons ago where the rolls were flying...........and a fight or two was happening in the background................

a those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by King
                                Holy smoke!!!!!, I remember an awards banquet many moons ago where the rolls were flying...........and a fight or two was happening in the background................

a those were the days
                                It was Risky Business back then...D...

John, da'Doc is a one man show...D.

Comment

Working...
                                X