• Show
Clear All

Re: My First Pylon Pictures!!!

Love the shot of Strega

Great angle!!

Warren

Comment

'I think we're going to start a bit of a "photo tweek corner" here, somehow.. God... if we could get Victor to do a column!'

That's a great idea!!! I know that there are some great photographers here that have a wealth of information that many of us would benefit from.

Let me say this...

I'm not sure what I really thought you all did out there at the pylons...but there is a bit more to it than I thought there was. And I know it's a lot different during the races. Overall it was quite the experience. Something that I will not soon forget.

I don't mind the tweaking of the picture...I'm game for anything that will help me with the end results.

And yes practice...lots of practice...

Thanks for everything...

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        OK.. this is with a double dose of Unsharp... first run at

amount= 282%
        radius= .02 pix
        threshold= 0

Then I actually got away with hitting it again with same amount, then faded the second pass to 50%

(this is all in PS7)

Looking at this on my laptop (all I use) I can not really tell if I've sharpened to the point of jaggy... but I don't think so.. which speaks volumes for the base quality of this D3 image!

Hope you didn't mind me tweeking it..

I think we're going to start a bit of a "photo tweek corner" here, somehow.. God... if we could get Victor to do a column!

Anyway.. here you go!

This is generally what I do also, but I also add some "Capture" sharpening when I am still editing the RAW file in Lightroom or Bibble, then after I convert to a 16/8bit TIFF I add that extra little bit of USM in PS. Then convert to JPG.
        Last edited by RCoulter; 06-26-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X