Small Town Air Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Small Town Air Show

Nice pics Neal and it's nice to see that the Davis-Monthan AFB display team gets to cruise up across the border for some shows as well.

P.S. Neal have you checked your PM's lately? I sent you a message.
    Jason Schillereff

Comment

Great stuff Neal!!!
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
        Great stuff Neal!!!
        Ditto that, and Brigitta as well (love her sensibilities with people shots).

Paul

Comment

Thanks again for the comments. I was pretty concerned about what I could do with that rather horrendous light -- shooting a lot at Reno does spoil one. My percentage of successes was certainly not impressive,but I too am pretty pleased with what I did manage to get.

And Paul -- Birgitta did appreciate that! She is one of those odd folks who appreciate and enjoy people more than airplanes, and it shows in her work. It's a good thing too, as people are not one of my great strengths. At Reno I'm always bugging her to do pilot portraits and start shots, but here she just got to have some fun with kids at an air show. I think we make a pretty good team...

Actually I must say that the light may have been difficult for working the airplanes, but it was truly lovely for people and especially kids. Birgitta's shots would have been very different in Reno's harsh and contrasty sunlight.

Neal

Last edited by wingman; 05-27-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

This one with the clouds is real nice! _MAY3731.jpg

Jarrod

Comment

I really like that one too, Jarrod -- I was actually trying to get something like that because I thought it could work well in Dutch's web site if he can pull off another show like this next year. I thought the space in the upper right could be a great space for text, logos etc.

Comment

Now that's pretty impressive when a photog can "put" the clouds where he wants so that he can use the picture in a website for the following year's airshow!

Neal, you're awesome!

Gary

Comment

Working...
                X