Unlimited Course Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unlimited Course Change

Besides that.. America's Deadliest Catch is on right now.. do I really have to answer this NOW???????????
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Available to mebers only of the UNLTD class.
      Buy a plane,attend PRS, and join.
      Betty

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
        Available to mebers only of the UNLTD class.
        Buy a plane,attend PRS, and join.
        Betty
        Sometimes those members share the information contained within the publication with us lowley reporter types...

Once we extend the courtesy of asking the governing body for permission to release some of what we were allowed to see, and receive it, we try to throw some of the better stuff out for discussion with the thought in mind, that anything that brings positive attention to the sport is a good thing...

But Betty is right, there is noplace where you can download or see the full edition..

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Is the proposed course change based on any engineering/science or is it based on pilots perception? It is my understanding that the last course change was based on the later, therefore, I'm a bit curious what some might percieve as being better is actually less safe.

Comment

Originally posted by bflynt
            Is the proposed course change based on any engineering/science or is it based on pilots perception? It is my understanding that the last course change was based on the later, therefore, I'm a bit curious what some might percieve as being better is actually less safe.
            I've conversed with several unlimited pilots... all, to a man, are reserving final judgement until they fly the course. I'd be willing to bet, that the governing body will be listening closely to the pilots who fly it and final adjustments will be made accordingly..

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
              Where is the Lemmon Valley deadline and how has it been monitored and enforced? How long has there been one out there? Has anybody been called for busting it?

From a photographer's point of view I think we might be shooting at a pretty difficult vertical angle as we move farther down the hill behind the current pylon 2. The racers tend to run 2 rather high -- setting up for the guide pylon uphill from 2 and 3.

Neal
              Since I have the privilege of being the last and most notable racer to bust the east deadline. The deadline was never monitored in the manner it was this last year. For years it was understood that the fence line at the houses was the deadline. That's how I briefed it the last two years, when you reached the end of the houses all was fare game as it is several other locations on the course. The northern deadline is not even watched as there is nothing affected by busting it. This last year it was decided although not really mentioned clearly in the Main brief that the east line ran straight north into outer space. The brief chart was not changed to show the change. Needless to say my usual slide out to sweep pylon 4,5,6 is not permissable any longer. Moving in of the eastern pylons will allow much more maneuvering room on course. Its really not a bad idea. Its unfortunate that the course is shortened yet again, but we really don't have much choice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Matt. I guess we will be able to fire up the debate on the lap speed again.

Comment

A big thank you from me too on sharing your pilots view on this. It always great to see someone that is actually effected by these changes come in and share their thoughts on the matter.

It sort of sounds like the people I work for...you broke a rule today...I did? Yes, it's a rule we decided to enforce today.

The best of luck and wishes to everyone this year,

Lonnie

Comment

I need to bring a chain saw this year and get rid of those power poles out at the cul de sac....they bug me.....after all....I was a Journeyman Lineman for 10 years here in Calif........LOL.......
                    Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Working...
                    X