PRS dates changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS dates changed

PRS has been changed to June 118 to 21 due toMilitary exercise.
    Check www.airrace.org

Re: PRS dates changed

What where the original dates?
    Tony

Comment

One week prior. June 11 to 14.
      That brings it into Rodeo week, so get your hotel reservations in if you plan to being there.
      Last edited by ShermB; 02-16-2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
        PRS has been changed to June 118 to 21 due toMilitary exercise.
        Check www.airrace.org
        When did they put 118 days in the month of June? I'm all for that!!! What a great idea, I like the way this guy thinks!

Comment

What exercise could affect a civilian show on a civilian airport? Did they lose a demo because of scheduling? Just my opinion.

Comment

Slip of the finger. Meant to say "18 to 21", and that's gal not guy.
            Betty

Comment

Hey Beach Boss,
              This is the message that I got prior to posting. The change of dates has been posted on the RARA site, but not the explaination.

"URGENT NOTICE!!!!"

We have just learned of a major military exercise that will be held in Reno
              June 12 - 20!!! This exercise known as Vigilant Guard will have a direct
              impact on PRS Race course flight operations (Jun 11 - 14) at Stead Field.
              This impact could compromise flight safety. We have been assured by our
              contacts that the exercise would be in a "wind down" mode starting on June
              15-16 with the debriefing on the 20th.

The Executive Committee felt that we have no option but to reschedule the
              seminar and will do so for Jun 18 - 21. Although this will move us to the
              beginning of the Rodeo we do not think there will be a problem. "

Comment

There is a branch of the Guard that is based at Stead airfield (inside the race course by the VOS, near pylons 5 and 6) that might be participating in the Military exercise. That would explain the interuption of the PRS.....
                "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss
                  What exercise could affect a civilian show on a civilian airport? Did they lose a demo because of scheduling? Just my opinion.
                  PRS is not a show or really even open to the public, although not a problem to go and watch as long as the general public stays on the right side on the dotted line....
                  Demo? I've never herd of a demo at PRS???
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Due to the re-working of the airport they regularly use (somewhere in Cali), the Guard has been using Stead now and then for exercises and training. There was a big stink last year when it was announced, locals did'nt want the noise. The've been so noisy, I was'nt aware they were still using it and I'm about 2 miles from the end of the runway...
                    Personally the reschedule is good as I was going to have to be away the original weekend and miss it!
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

If anyone is interested in PRS, the following link is a great video by Dan Chrapczynski from PRS 2007 - Gary Davis piloting the RV-8 during course orientation, Dan's in the rear seat. 2008 PRS is scheduled for June 18-21.

2007 Reno Pylon Racing Seminar - visit International Formula One at www.if1airracing.com
                      F1 Race 98 & 99

Comment

thanks for the update - I was thinking about going this year.

the old date conflicted with moving my daughter out of school - the new date only conflict's with my wife's birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by evan
                          thanks for the update - I was thinking about going this year.

the old date conflicted with moving my daughter out of school - the new date only conflict's with my wife's birthday!
                          Careful.....
                          Cheers

Comment

So, take her to Reno with you as a Birthday treat, give her unlimited use of the credit card, and knock yourself out at PRS.
                            Reno is known for lots of lawyers and quickie divorces. Get your priorities straight!
                            Betty

Comment

Or give her the divorce for her birthday.
                              If given the choice between that and PRS for a present, I know which mine would choose! Then I'de be too broke to go to PRS anyway...
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X